honestly a handheld tuner may give you 25 hp for 200-300 bucks IMO find a reputable shop that can remap your ecu for your specific truck. Most shops charge in the same range as a handheld and you get a much better fuel and timing map tailored for your truck, not a tune in a box that will work on anything. You should see more hp and more mpg with a good tune for your specific truck

glad to see you made it to the forum.. i had a feeling you would chime in on this. there are some real knee slappers that happen in this sub forum.. so be prepared.

honestly a handheld tuner may give you 25 hp for 200-300 bucks IMO find a reputable shop that can remap your ecu for your specific truck. Most shops charge in the same range as a handheld and you get a much better fuel and timing map tailored for your truck, not a tune in a box that will work on anything. You should see more hp and more mpg with a good tune for your specific truck

I fully agree, a real Dyno tune is way better than a tuner and cost close to the same. Tuners are great for people who live where there is no access to a Dyno tune

• 2 weeks later...

i have a diablo sport tuner that i had tuned on the dyno by my local buddy.

works for 04-05 gm trucks 5.3 and 6.0

he went through every option it has and tweeked it..

180 shipped in conus

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Look into blackbear ive heard good things about them. They also retune it for free so if you do more mods on your truck you dont have to worry about pay again

Check out there website they have more info on there about all the crazy things they can do for you

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

I went through a guy named Wheatley in Houston to get my gmc tuned and its amazing you just can email him or call him and tell him what you want out of the tune and he will program it all for you and send you a new computer for you to install in your truck.

i gained a good 3 to 4 mpg with probably around 30 horsepower.

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

Look into blackbear ive heard good things about them. They also retune it for free so if you do more mods on your truck you dont have to worry about pay again

Check out there website they have more info on there about all the crazy things they can do for you

Blackbeard is where it's at. They can give you a MPG tune and then when you hit the haul button you go into sport mode and get different shift points, firmer shifts, and also higher rev limit. They do In person tunes, but you have to find out when they are near you for that. The tune I like is they one where they send you a tool you plug into your com port and you drive around like normal for awhile and then send them the data and then they make you a custom tune.

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg