Sundown Audio

best .5 stable amp for 2000 RMS

yungw33z

Did you say your using 4 gauge wire on your subs or to the amp? If its your subs thats way overkill. Plus Im sure you had to cut the strands just to get it to fit and the size it is at the connection point now on the sub is probably more like 10 gauge if that. Just use some 10gauge wire to the subs and as for the amp,I would probably use the RF t2500bdcp since it will give you the 2000 you need at 2 ohms without putting a strain on your electrical. Thats your best option in my opinio

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the 4gauge is actually only used inside the box, im using 8gauge for speaker wire from amp to box and everything else is 2gauge with 250anl fuses battery under hood and in trunk but i was going to run it at 2 ohms but decided to do .5 ohms AND BTW IM POWER 2 SUNDOWN AUDIO SUBS MY SUBS ARE RIGHT ENOUGH lml smh im not the guy who has clarion or audiopipe subs i only do kicker, sundown, dc, or AA sorry no non competition subs go in my car lol how much for the t2500bd amp?

well the 4gauge is actually only used inside the box, im using 8gauge for speaker wire from amp to box and everything else is 2gauge with 250anl fuses battery under hood and in trunk but i was going to run it at 2 ohms but decided to do .5 ohms AND BTW IM POWER 2 SUNDOWN AUDIO SUBS MY SUBS ARE RIGHT ENOUGH lml smh im not the guy who has clarion or audiopipe subs i only do kicker, sundown, dc, or kicker sorry no non competition subs go in my car lol how much for the t2500bd amp?

umm... what?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

th_meh-facebook-button.jpg

I don't really understand your setup. Start with the basics. Alt, battery, what wire from alt to batt, batt to amp, speaker wire for the subs, 12g would be more then enough. Fuse inside your box? Not sure what you mean there.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I think what he's saying is he's got 4AWG from the subs to the terminal on the inside of his box, then has 8AWG from the terminal on the outside of his box to amp location. 4AWG is overkill.

Only amps I've seen that PUBLICLY advertise .5 ohm stable are the Lanzar Opti series and the MA Audio HK series. Crescendo does display it does .5 ohms on good electrical (I have a PDF birthsheet emailed to me by Crescendo). I've heard many people claim AQ can do so as well.

Really though, yo're better off trying to work with 2 ohms for stability issues. Just my .02

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

"Audio Implosion" & "SubSonic Guillotine" available anywhere digital music is sold!

2007 Ford Focus

(NOTE: My cousin's build I helped him with)

Pioneer H/U

(4) Absolute Dome Tweeters on A & C pillars

Scosche HD683A's in front doors

Fosgate R168x2's in rear doors

SoundQubed HDS312 in custom 2.57 Ft^3 @ 30Hz

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

119aH/850CCA Marine Deep Cycle batteries

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DWRhythm

well the 4gauge is actually only used inside the box, im using 8gauge for speaker wire from amp to box and everything else is 2gauge with 250anl fuses battery under hood and in trunk but i was going to run it at 2 ohms but decided to do .5 ohms AND BTW IM POWER 2 SUNDOWN AUDIO SUBS MY SUBS ARE RIGHT ENOUGH lml smh im not the guy who has clarion or audiopipe subs i only do kicker, sundown, dc, or AA sorry no non competition subs go in my car lol how much for the t2500bd amp?

lmao dafuq

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

hey wassup people i have 2 dual 2 ohm subs i need a amp to power them i have them wired with 4gauge wires at a .5 ohm resistance i need a good amp around 2000 rms any suggestions please let me know i need a amp that does rated power

budget : $350 shipped

I have a Sound Stream DTR 3400.1 that is stable at .5ohms. Its been in the car 3weeks maybe. PM me if your interested.I need a Bigger amp now.

J

What does the rest of OP's electrical look like? .5 is hella draw on a stock system.. joo headlights gonna be blinkin at people

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

hes got 2 guage and a 250 watt fuse.

that alone is not enough to run .5.

also just because its sundown doesnt mean they dont make lower lines. im guessing youve got two sa series.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i have 2 2k amps at .5 on 2 150 amp fuses on a stock alt

:twirl:

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0