Sundown Audio

4 channel problems

I just put in a fosgate prime 300.4 in my truck that I got from a friend that was working when I took it out, I have everything hooked up and the amp turns on but no music plays. I have one set of rcas coming off my headunit and one set coming off my mono block( brz 2100.1) What could be the problem?

BABYJUICE

Nope nothing plays. I have 2 sets of rcas running from the headunit, one for the 4 channel and the other for the mono. Then since I don't have 3 sets of pre outs I have a set of rcas running from the mono rca out. But wouldn't I still get music from the front speakers because I have the rcas running from there? Does it matter if one speaker is still hooked up to the wire harness for the headunit? That's the only one that plays.

BABYJUICE

Are the speakers hooked to the 4ch amp?

Try the 4ch amp with the sub rca's from the front rca plugs in back of the h/u and see if anything changes.

EDIT: Make sure your using the front rca's coming from the H/U or your only getting sub level out from the rear/sub and won't get any music from there to play your 4ch.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Yes 3 out of the 4 speakers are hooked up, and I did.try the rca from the sub amp.and still nothing happened. Does it matter if I ran the wire for each speaker from the. Actual speaker and not from behind the headunit?

BABYJUICE

use Y splitters. plug them into the rca's coming off of Front on the headunit. then you can plug them into the Front and Rear on the amp. just use the sub preouts for the sub amp and nothing more.

and you're supposed to have the speakers hooked directly to the amp. the only thing the headunit is used for is to transfer the music signal to the amps that are connected to the speakers. you shouldn't have anything hooked up to the headunit harness speaker wires