Good stuff, I'm totally tuned in on this build!

Thank you Sir! :good:

I haven't looked at this build in a while. Awesome work, I love the o-scope in the dash

Thanks man, good to see you back. :drinks:

Yeah I thought the o-scope would be a cool touch.

As soon as I get the rest of my trunk stuff buttoned up, I plan on fine tuning the o-scope and getting some of the functionality on video to show what it can do.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

They are not easy, by any means. What you may do, is use the heat on it and drop it down smoothing in the corner as you heat. See if it'll sit down for you. You'll probably have to cut it though.

Another thing would be if you're handy with a sewing machine, cut it about an inch wider than the hole, the center hole, and then sew strips on it. Then you have a sewn border around the opening. I don't think the actuator area is going to be that hard. I think it'll lay down pretty well for you.

Sorry buddy, if I was closer I'd come help you with it.

Now if you're corners were rounded, vs sharp, and you rounded over the top edge, you'd be home free buddy!! Just a thought!

They are not easy, by any means. What you may do, is use the heat on it and drop it down smoothing in the corner as you heat. See if it'll sit down for you. You'll probably have to cut it though.

Another thing would be if you're handy with a sewing machine, cut it about an inch wider than the hole, the center hole, and then sew strips on it. Then you have a sewn border around the opening. I don't think the actuator area is going to be that hard. I think it'll lay down pretty well for you.

Now if you're corners were rounded, vs sharp, and you rounded over the top edge, you'd be home free buddy!! Just a thought!

Hmmmmmm, stitched edges, now there's an idea. Although I have NO idea how to sew, my girl does but I doubt she's ever done vinyl before.

I'll have to look into that. Might be better then stretching the living shit out of the corners and making them look odd.

I did add some filler to the inside corners to round them a bit and help out. Not a lot, but better then a sharp corner anyway.

:drinks:

Where do you plan to install the VM-1 meter? Just got one too and can't find a place to stick it.

Whats up LoudBimmer?

Haven't seen you inna while.

It's already installed :D

Like you said there is no place to cleanly install it so I had to get creative:

417oscopeplaying_zps1c2b070a.jpg

I changed the display to bar-graph LED's rather than the ring that it comes with. Its in the lower right corner of my ashtray area.

Some of the cuts came out rougher then I wanted but it doesn't look to bad. Now that I have it prototyped, I can go back and try to clean it up later.

Back on Page25 is where I detail what I did to the VM-1.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-o-scope-in-the-dash-a-fixed-baffle-and-a-hole-in-the-rear-deck/page-25

Here's a vid of it in action on the test bench (I don't have any good video of it working in the car yet but I will).

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

Lol. The funny part is a couple post ago you said you used the wrong vinyl. Now vinyl with a cloth type backing is perfect for stitching. It won't rip through

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Lol. The funny part is a couple post ago you said you used the wrong vinyl. Now vinyl with a cloth type backing is perfect for stitching. It won't rip through

LOL, no kidding huh, maybe I should make up my mind and stick with a direction........

:D

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Hmmmmmm, stitched edges, now there's an idea. Although I have NO idea how to sew, my girl does but I doubt she's ever done vinyl before.

I'll have to look into that. Might be better then stretching the living shit out of the corners and making them look odd.

I did add some filler to the inside corners to round them a bit and help out. Not a lot, but better then a sharp corner anyway.

:drinks:

Where do you plan to install the VM-1 meter? Just got one too and can't find a place to stick it.

Whats up LoudBimmer?

Haven't seen you inna while.

It's already installed :D

Like you said there is no place to cleanly install it so I had to get creative:

417oscopeplaying_zps1c2b070a.jpg

I changed the display to bar-graph LED's rather than the ring that it comes with. Its in the lower right corner of my ashtray area.

Some of the cuts came out rougher then I wanted but it doesn't look to bad. Now that I have it prototyped, I can go back and try to clean it up later.

Back on Page25 is where I detail what I did to the VM-1.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-o-scope-in-the-dash-a-fixed-baffle-and-a-hole-in-the-rear-deck/page-25

Here's a vid of it in action on the test bench (I don't have any good video of it working in the car yet but I will).

Fuck that lol too much work modifying it.

Right now I'm thinking about cutting the ashtray in half and fiberglassing it on the side so it will pop out little bit.

Not too much to report.

It's surprising how much time it takes to apply body filler - sand - apply body filler - sand - repeat................................ :trippy:

Here are some bolts around the flange of the port extension:

506portbolts_zps7dd68fcb.jpg

There are threaded inserts installed into the bracing pieces on the sub-box so this should apply a pretty good seal around the separate pieces.

With that straightened out, time for some Rage:

507portfiller1_zps691bc622.jpg

507portfiller2_zps94e2d8d8.jpg

...and the sanding begins:

508portsanded1_zpsdb173fa3.jpg

508portsanded2_zpsf9e0a213.jpg

Here are both the baffle trim piece and the port extension:

509sanding_zpsedefab32.jpg

In the never-ending loop of applying filler, sanding, finding pits and uneven surfaces, add more filler, sand, find more pits.....

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Archived