Sundown Audio

Broken ZX350.4. HELP!?!

Hey errrrrbody. I am very close to locally purchasing a ZX350.4 for my first mids & highs amp for a great price in my city up here in Canada. the reason the deal is good is because the amp is supposedly not working properly. What the seller has said in his ad, and as well as through text messages is that it "Works great but won't turn off. The technician said the FAT must have been fried (whatever that means) other than that it still works." and.. "it turns on the moment you hook it up to the battery but it won't shut off even with the car turned off. It was bought brand new but I just shorted it when I installed it."

Has anyone ever dealt with a problem like this? Is it repairable? I personal had my bass amp repaired at some circuit board repair company in town so that may be an option for me as well. Please advise!!!

2000 Jeep Cherokee

15" Alpine Type R box build coming soon!

Well i got a good working 350.4 for sale it mite be cheap to get mind than the other guy because you got to buy his send it to fix and that can be weeks my soon as you pay have it in the mail be there in about three days hook it up and you good to go

Hey errrrrbody. I am very close to locally purchasing a ZX350.4 for my first mids & highs amp for a great price in my city up here in Canada. the reason the deal is good is because the amp is supposedly not working properly. What the seller has said in his ad, and as well as through text messages is that it "Works great but won't turn off. The technician said the FAT must have been fried (whatever that means) other than that it still works." and.. "it turns on the moment you hook it up to the battery but it won't shut off even with the car turned off. It was bought brand new but I just shorted it when I installed it."

Has anyone ever dealt with a problem like this? Is it repairable? I personal had my bass amp repaired at some circuit board repair company in town so that may be an option for me as well. Please advise!!!

Well i got a good working 350.4 for sale it mite be cheap to get mind than the other guy because you got to buy his send it to fix and that can be weeks my soon as you pay have it in the mail be there in about three days hook it up and you good to go

sounds like he doesn't know what a remote wire does probably has it wired straight to the bat

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

What are you doing? Stop, just stop please.

^ Thanks strangeduck. Regardless dude I'm up in Canada so shipping anything across the border is less than ideal...

I thought it might be an installation error, but still am unsure. Any other theories/advice/ideas??

2000 Jeep Cherokee

15" Alpine Type R box build coming soon!

You can't sell, also you completely twisted my mind around, and then back around. OP I think he wired it incorrectly.. Meh, if it's THAT CHEAP then I'd just unplug the remote wire whenever I got out.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.