Sonic Electronix

did they check the voltage while it was playing ?

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when the bass hits, does the component speakers shut off or the subwoofer and components? If its just the components, see if the speaker wires are touching metal somewhere, causing it to send the amp into protect. Mine did the same thing, and I checked my noobish wiring from when I first started car audio, and found out one of the places I spliced wires at had came out of the electrical tape and was touching my trucks body. Retaped it and it fixed it all.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

What is your ohm load to the amp and what is your amp stable to ?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

So when the bass hits, does the component speakers shut off or the subwoofer and components? If its just the components, see if the speaker wires are touching metal somewhere, causing it to send the amp into protect. Mine did the same thing, and I checked my noobish wiring from when I first started car audio, and found out one of the places I spliced wires at had came out of the electrical tape and was touching my trucks body. Retaped it and it fixed it all.

Yes when the bass hits the components will go off. Only at higher volumes will this happen. Volumes that i would always listen to that were playing fine. Ill check the speaker wire once i get home but it is possible that it is a voltage problem?

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener

yeah i would check then double check everything. also what dose your voltage drop down to on full tilt?

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

Yes when the bass hits the components will go off. Only at higher volumes will this happen. Volumes that i would always listen to that were playing fine. Ill check the speaker wire once i get home but it is possible that it is a voltage problem?

Yeah, thats how mine was. It was fine until I turned it to around 20/35, which is where I do full tilt at. And it might be a voltage problem, but I would think the Subwoofer would shut off too if it was voltage, as it is sucking more power than the component amp is. Just my 2 cents.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

I went to the shop in which i got the install done amd they replaced an old circuit breaker with a fuse holder.

They checked the voltage at every point needed. All checked out

then go back to the shop and tell them this is happening? Cool that you want to fix it yourself, but if you paid for this install and its not working correctly, then you should go back and get your moneys worth.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco