Bye bye wall. Hello window line. Upgrades arrived!! (pg 4)

You're going to want a shitton more port area. Like 200 square inches.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

If you can't fit more port area, then you might as well plug them and keep it sealed.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Voltage stays around 13.5- 13.8. Electrical is is missing maybe another battery, but I have a DC Power 320 amp alt, three runs of 1/0 and two batts. EDIT: Keep in mind, this is only at 2 ohms.

Here is the Torres calc and specs I used.

wall-1.png

I think I know the problem, but I have to wait. Had one of the 15s glue on the spider seperate. Skar sent me a recone, but it being my first time doing one, may have been the problem. After I took it out and tried three subs, it was ok lol. I'll get a vid up later (maybe tomorrow) showing a lil something, but not much since I'm short a sub for a while.

If my ports are an issue LMK. Thanks!

In Torres, see where it says "port area range" and "port area"? You want that port area part to be in the port area range. Your wayyyyyy too short on port area. I bet you will be incredibly louder when you give it more port.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

at 2.5 cubes per woofer as is you don't have nearly enough space to run ported. that port area range thing isn't completely accurate. port area is not related to volume he needs a lot more volume and a lot more port area.

This build would be a lot better off if the ports were just plugged.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

at 2.5 cubes per woofer as is you don't have nearly enough space to run ported. that port area range thing isn't completely accurate. port area is not related to volume he needs a lot more volume and a lot more port area.

This build would be a lot better off if the ports were just plugged.

200? Yea, the only way to do that is not to try lol. What about slot? I can slot port much easier with just redoing the front wall. I need at least 2.2 per sub.

Again, much appreciated. I knew something wasn't right. If all else fails, I'll go back to sealed.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Thanks guys! I'm going to use this same front, but get some 6" pvc and cut the current holes to fit to do some testing. Luckily for me, the one thing I have done yet is glue the front board on. I figured I would do something wrong, and the worse thing to do is remove wood that is glued. I thought ahead thinking something wouldn't be right and it would let me test different configs. I figure if I can mess around with this, and then get it sounding right, then I'll make it perma.

Blown

Port area is not related to volume?? They are directly related..

How many 6" aeros can you fit on your baffle? Unless you can fit 3 then it's not worth it. move all of the subs to one side or the other and run a slot port if you have enough space.

Just going off of the dimensions you gave, if you have 1 layer for your top and bottom you can make it 29.5" h x 5" w and you'll have roughly 14" of port per cube. That'd be a great start if you can manage.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

I can fit 3 6" ports fairly easily. Maybe even 4, but that drops me slightly below the 2.2 needed per sub. Those dimension are spot on. I'm gonna mess with some PVC in the current baffle, and then decide rather or not to slot port it, if possible or go sealed again. Shit or go 2 18s instead. lol

Of course, I won't be able to get to this until Friday..boo

I very well may try the slot on the one side. I plan on trying a few things before I become set in stone for the baffle.

Blown