Sonic Electronix

would this be considered a vs thread?

not trying to be a rent a mod or anything but just tryin to save you from getting a warning or a vacation lol

my advice.... try them both and see what you like better.....

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Not really a vs. thread more about design. I would also like to know this beside the space saving for aeros and making them more efficient any other advantage? Using aeros is more costly also since u have to buy the aeros where a alot port u do with the box and wich in theory is cheaper

would this be considered a vs thread?

not trying to be a rent a mod or anything but just tryin to save you from getting a warning or a vacation lol

my advice.... try them both and see what you like better.....

Lmfao pretty sure vs threads are reserved for brand vs brand....

Years ago i was told port area = DB (port being a mega phone of sorts for the subs) whether this was misinformation or not ? if true large square/rectangle would be louder! someone please school me on current theory!

glad to see you made it to the forum.. i had a feeling you would chime in on this. there are some real knee slappers that happen in this sub forum.. so be prepared.

Years ago i was told port area = DB (port being a mega phone of sorts for the subs) whether this was misinformation or not ? if true large square/rectangle would be louder! someone please school me on current theory!

bigger port does not always mean louder. But bigger ports due usually have higher tunings there for higher burp scores in 44-70hz range.

for daily you want 33-37hz probably.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I have aeros - I'm not really a fan anymore - they really don't like the lows (at least my box doesn't but idk if that's a general thing or just my experience)

~This is added to the post you have just read:

I appreciate everything you guys do, and I hope you understand how much it matters to have people like you helping me learn

thanks so much

~Check my youtube for my music and my car audio: http://www.youtube.com/1ohmstable

~Rip dustin 7-11-09

Memorial build log: http://www.stevemead...memorial-build/

It's like comparing an a**hole to vagina..Both will make you happy if you do it right.

Iv ran both, only difference iv liked is with areo you can pull it out and change tuning easy, otherwise build what ever you can fit and be happy

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU