voltatge on amp dipping down to 10 volts question

I have a stinger volt meter hooked up to my amp to check the voltage on it whiile its playing.

i have a rockford fosgate t4000.1 wired down to 1ohm... for now im just running a stock 105a alternator with a stock battery with 2 xspower d3100s in the trunk. my amp rests at 13.4 volts and when i play at close to full tiilt it will dip down to 10 volts if i let it... i dont like it going that low but whats a safe voltage for an amp to get? should i not let it go below 12 volts?

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy jeeze thats a lot of power for a stock alt.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

X2^^

Think you're demanding too much from that alt. Amps shouldn't be seeing anything under 12 to be safe. How many runs of power/ground wires do you have?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Low voltage = less power, less efficient, heat. if it gets too hot it can go into thermal or worse. I would stay 12+ and add some fans, i know my crescendo amps shut off at 8.5 volts, and my old aq3500 at around 10.5. You would notice the biggest difference adding an alt and if not add more bats to cushion your voltage

Walled Police Interceptor

Four 15s

160s

i was running around 1000 rms for a whiie with a different amp and my voltage still dipped down to like 11.4 at full tilt. that doesnt sound right seeing as i would think 2 d3100s would suit that..even with a stock alt.. on a normal 14.4 voltage setup what are your guys amps resting at withoiut playing music? would a better alt boost my voltage? cause 13.4 sounds low but i could be wrong?

i was running around 1000 rms for a whiie with a different amp and my voltage still dipped down to like 11.4 at full tilt. that doesnt sound right seeing as i would think 2 d3100s would suit that..even with a stock alt.. on a normal 14.4 voltage setup what are your guys amps resting at withoiut playing music? would a better alt boost my voltage? cause 13.4 sounds low but i could be wrong?

A new H/O would deff benefit you especially with 4k watts...Also get a battery maintainer and top off your batteries when its parked at home

keep dropping the voltage like that and you'll smoke the amp. then you'll have to pay $400 for a repair on it.

dont let it drop below 12. shit even under 12.5 scares me.

its actually $550 to get it fixed, i just got it fixed lol. 12.5 scares you... well wiith car idling or driving the amp rests at a solid 13.4. so your saying its bad if i drop 1 whole volt..

Archived