voltatge on amp dipping down to 10 volts question

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why does your alt only put out 13.4 volts?

dead already?

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

keep dropping the voltage like that and you'll smoke the amp. then you'll have to pay $400 for a repair on it.

dont let it drop below 12. shit even under 12.5 scares me.

its actually $550 to get it fixed, i just got it fixed lol. 12.5 scares you... well wiith car idling or driving the amp rests at a solid 13.4. so your saying its bad if i drop 1 whole volt..

If you had 14.5 and were dropping to 13.4 that would be acceptable in most cases. That amp may not like that abuse and could smoke at your voltage.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

im not sure but my back batteries and amp read 13.4 volts..i think my front battery reads near 14.4.. so i guess im loosing 1 volt from front to the back?

Bad grounds? Crappy wire?

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

keep dropping the voltage like that and you'll smoke the amp. then you'll have to pay $400 for a repair on it.

dont let it drop below 12. shit even under 12.5 scares me.

its actually $550 to get it fixed, i just got it fixed lol. 12.5 scares you... well wiith car idling or driving the amp rests at a solid 13.4. so your saying its bad if i drop 1 whole volt..

well cold i charge high 14's, winter 15 flat. so yeah dropping two volts will make me worry.

edit: just saw that whole volt drop along the line. yeah you probably have a shit ground somewhere or a loose connection somewhere along the power line. either somewhere in the fuse holder, or a loose wire lug, or a loose ground.

whats all this "i think" or "maybe" business?

need more facts when you can get them.

if your losing a full volt from front to back.. your using way less than 4 runs of 1/0 (2 pos, 2 neg)

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

nothing is loose. everything is tight. its good wire. but i just have one run of (+) going from the front battert to back batteries. the 2 batteries in the back are both grounded to the same ground as the amp. i have one run of wire connecting the negative on the 2 batts and 2 runs of wire connecting the positives. i have 30 some odd feet of wire left. (knu) flex wire by the way.. id be mad making more runs up to the front and not seeing any voltage difference..

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

shitty connections. if you want the most help then take pics of every connection and fuse holder. then post pics in here. ill bet you we can spot the problem quickly.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived