Lexus IS-F Sound System install - Custom SMD VM-1/OM-1/TM-1f Dash Piece (update page 71)

WTF is SQ anyway!? As in, says who?

If it sounds good, it's SQ...

not really.

i only take exception to this guy (ihatepunkrock) telling me my system won't be "sq" because i have a lot of power AVAILABLE to my woofer. That's bullshit. Other then that, i know what he is TRYING to say. SQ is not just a "sounds good" thing. There is a lot more to it then that. He can direct that at someone else besides me though. Im no peanut, i didn't just start hooking up systems yesterday.

SQ is in my view that makes most sense, short term for High Fildelity, The reproduction of sound trying to sound as close to the original sound.

I don't get why people think if you run a lot of power, you're taking away from the SQ, it's what you do with that power that decides sound quality or not.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

no peanut lol^^^^

Edited by knowledge

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

not really.

i only take exception to this guy (ihatepunkrock) telling me my system won't be "sq" because i have a lot of power AVAILABLE to my woofer. That's bullshit. Other then that, i know what he is TRYING to say. SQ is not just a "sounds good" thing. There is a lot more to it then that. He can direct that at someone else besides me though. Im no peanut, i didn't just start hooking up systems yesterday.

SQ is in my view that makes most sense, short term for High Fildelity, The reproduction of sound trying to sound as close to the original sound.

I don't get why people think if you run a lot of power, you're taking away from the SQ, it's what you do with that power that decides sound quality or not.

besides that, i can turn the subwoofers down to a nice clean level. Just because i have a lot of power AVAILABLE to the woofer, doesn't mean its always on it. I don't typically drive with the bass slapping hard as hell anyway......you can find me listening to music at normal, clean levels 99% of the time and 80% of the time it ISN'T rap music. I love my beats but i listen to other things most of the time.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

not really.

besides that, i can turn the subwoofers down to a nice clean level. Just because i have a lot of power AVAILABLE to the woofer, doesn't mean its always on it. I don't typically drive with the bass slapping hard as hell anyway......you can find me listening to music at normal, clean levels 99% of the time and 80% of the time it ISN'T rap music. I love my beats but i listen to other things most of the time.

I have found that the better I get my mids and highs sounding, the less over the top bass I actually want. That spot where the subs blend seamlessly with the front stage is incredible to me. Especially with the amount of classical music I listen to, the depth of sound that a well balanced sub stage adds to the music is truly incredible!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

hmmm im not a pro or anything like that but my system sounds pretty good for subs that are not sq oriented.. AA ftmfw

the less i turn up my eq the better the subs sound.

your shit is clean Steve and would like to get demos of your rides

well im glad you get what i was trying to explain

just one thing that bugs me. you say you can "turn the subwoofers down to a nice clean level" but how flat is it?

fidelity is just one piece of sq

but anyway you know what you are doing and you are going to do it your way regardless.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

not really.

I have found that the better I get my mids and highs sounding, the less over the top bass I actually want. That spot where the subs blend seamlessly with the front stage is incredible to me. Especially with the amount of classical music I listen to, the depth of sound that a well balanced sub stage adds to the music is truly incredible!

I keep my eq flat, if the song needs the bass, the bass is there, if the song doesn't need the bass, then the bass doesn't appear. I expect bass when I'm listening to rap music, but when I listen to Pink Floyd, I expect the bass to behave and appear when needed.

I agree on the mids, and highs, having good mid's and high's makes more songs enjoyable, having just a good sub stage but meh mid's, and high's, you'd just want to listen to bassy music all the time cause the mids, and highs suck.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

just one thing that bugs me. you say you can "turn the subwoofers down to a nice clean level" but how flat is it?

but anyway you know what you are doing and you are going to do it your way regardless.

What could possibly be the other piece, I thought fidelity was the main goal of a Sound Quality vehicle.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

What could possibly be the other piece, I thought fidelity was the main goal of a Sound Quality vehicle.

wrong word

three pieces

accuracy/clarity of notes

flat response

and then there is imaging/staging

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

wrong word

three pieces

accuracy/clarity of notes

flat response

and then there is imaging/staging

Yes, High Fidelity means all of those, or at least the sum of all of those.

Edited by Omega5002

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget