How we (ai) handle shop lifting.

Ray

I find it funny that someone post's something that's 100% true and get's jumped on left and right. Nobody is defending a shoplifter but I can tell you with 100% certainty if someone come's into your shop or any other retailer storefront and you do this and he take's you to court and you try using the "intent to shoplift" in court will get you laughed at. You literally cannot touch a customer/potential shoplifter until they have physically left YOUR store with the property. I worked in LP for nearly 15 years for numerous companies (Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy, Sears, even ran a mall security team) but I ended up losing my ass in a event where I cornered someone in the store with a backpack full of CDs/DVDs. I ended up being charged with assault and had to pay the kid a decent chunk of change due to "emotional distress". You just better hope and pray this kid is scared enough that he doesn't go crying to someone and they advise him to get a lawyer or you could end up in the same boat as me. I can't even get hired on to the shitty Roses LP team now.

again he wasnt a kid

and i understand not be able to stop people if you work for Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy, Sears or any other store but hes the owner of the store so i dont see why he wouldnt be able to do anything about it

He can do whatever he wants about it. But he's responsible for his actions. He didn't push the guy out of self defense, he pushed the guy out of anger. Me personally, I would have done the same thing. But from a legal aspect, his actions were wrong. In some legal aspects, he might have been better off hitting the guy rather than throwing a metal object at him.

I think its scenarios like this that keep people in check. Dude got a little old fashion justice. Hopefully he embarrassed himself enough to buy things the way all other ethical people do.

This got a little side tracked.

Those of you who dont really know the law but spout off are hilarious.

Concealing an item out of view from the retailer is shoplifting. Period

It was a plastic blister pack with 1/0 ring terminals etc inside

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived