What other head units have volume adjust?

So, I have a JVC KD-AHD69 head unit in my F-150 and was pleasantly surprised with the quality for what I payed but was kinda looking into trying another brand (Pioneer or Alpine) for my Jeep. Anyway the really cool thing about the JVC deck I have is that it has a Volume Adjust setting. The JVC has 50 volume levels so lets say it distorts at 42 for example. You then can go into the Volume Adjust and set it to -8 and then you can crank it all the way up to 50 and have no distortion. You could also increase the Volume Adjust if it is not already distorting at 50, which probably wont be the case. It's not a huge deal nor is it an advertised point just a nice bonus feature so you don't have to worry about going over a certain number.

So I was wondering if anyone new if other decks had that feature??? Again I didn't really see it advertised anywhere on mine when I got it from Crutchfield and they give pretty much every spec and feature they find on a product so it will probably be one of those things you have to have the head unit to know...

Thanks

"The only man who makes no mistakes is the man who never does anything" -Theodore Roosevelt

never heard of anything like that, sounds pretty cool. I wanna find a deck that will let me change the # of the max volume.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

I remember my JVC doing that. When you go in and adjust what the RCA preouts go to, like rear or sub, you can also select "high power" or "low power". If you set that on low power, it sets the max volume at 30. Set it at high power and you can go all the way up to 50. It was a pretty nifty unit, never gave me any problems.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

jvcs and kenwoods have it, i THINK thats it, also, why would you wanna do that? if you think about it...you have 50 "volume levels" if you turn the volume level itself down to -1 and your h/u clips at say 48, your headunit will not start to clip at 49, itll start to clip past 50, which you cant achieve, honestly you rarely see h/u's clipping at less then 5 or 6 less then max, unless you have all your settings maxed the fuck out, that jvc ( if its the one im thinking of, the DD with the removable face, and the MOTO X) is a really nice unit

edit: the guy above me is spot on....its the same thing technicly, just a bit diffrent as he said, it doesnt control the radio volume, only cd/mp3/ipod

Edited by Freshman6969

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

my kenwood does -8 kdc-x695

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I wanna find a deck that will let me change the # of the max volume.

i would set mine to go to "ee-leven". lol

Lol thats the only downside this particular deck has a + or - ten but it doesn't distort early at least to my ears and I am picky. (needs to pick up a DD-1 one of these days)

all my eclipse cd players have svc, source volume control. so you can even out the volume of the cd and aux to the radio, kinda the same idea, but it doesnt adjust the radio

This one does that too but it also allows you to compensate the over all volume level.

jvcs and kenwoods have it, i THINK thats it, also, why would you wanna do that? if you think about it...you have 50 "volume levels" if you turn the volume level itself down to -1 and your h/u clips at say 48, your headunit will not start to clip at 49, itll start to clip past 50, which you cant achieve, honestly you rarely see h/u's clipping at less then 5 or 6 less then max, unless you have all your settings maxed the fuck out, that jvc ( if its the one im thinking of, the DD with the removable face, and the MOTO X) is a really nice unit

edit: the guy above me is spot on....its the same thing technicly, just a bit diffrent as he said, it doesnt control the radio volume, only cd/mp3/ipod

It's a single din one.

It will allow your last clear volume level to be to max level so 51 would be clipping which you can't reach. So instead of stopping at 49, 48, or whatever it may be you can just rip the nob all the way up and not have to meticulously select you top volume and some of those knobs can be touchy. So when your driving you don't have to worry as well, you know you have clean power no matter where your set at. All it is, is a convenience thing.

"The only man who makes no mistakes is the man who never does anything" -Theodore Roosevelt