Sonic Electronix

You missing a simple step tells me that you probably messed the whole thing up.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

If everything was done right, then there would NOT be a problem. LISTEN TO RAY. The guy has forgot more knowledge about car audio than the majority of people on here have at their best. Read each step, one at a time, then verify that you are doing EXACTLY what the instructions say.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

If everything was done right, then there would NOT be a problem. LISTEN TO RAY. The guy has forgot more knowledge about car audio than the majority of people on here have at their best. Read each step, one at a time, then verify that you are doing EXACTLY what the instructions say.

Id listen to him if he told me what i did wrong. Ill list the instructions and check what i did.

Matching the gains of mulitiple amplifiers.

This procedure requires the CC-1 to be placed in a

special mode reserved for SPL competitors and

audiophiles.

1. Switch the CC-1 off by holding the OFF button

for 1 second. (This must be done to initalize

the program mode) Now switch CC-1 power on

by pressing the ON button. (Well obvious. Check)

2. Disconnect the harness to make sure there is no

signal being applied to the CC-1 and that the

Signal LED is NOT illuminated. (Check)

3. Press and hold the READ button for 3-5

seconds or until the Set LEDs start flashing.

Release Set button. CC-1 is now in

competition mode!! (Check.)

4. Next you need to connect the CC-1 to the

“Master” amplifier’s outputs. Use the included

harness to connect to amplifier’s outputs; Red to

speaker (+) and Black to battery ground. (Check. The harness was already wired up so all i had to do was plug in the rca's)

5. Set the source unit’s volume to zero. Select the

track on the CD that corresponds to the desired

frequency you wish to match gains at. If you

don’t know which frequency to use try 40 Hz

(track 10 Disc A) if it is a subwoofer amplifier, or

1 kHz (track 8 Disc B) if it is a full range

amplifier. Play track on repeat.(Check, however i used the 40 -5 track on the DD-1 disk. This couldnt make it have different voltages though because both channels are reading the same input.)

6. Continue by turning up the source unit volume

until you see the Signal LED illuminate green. If

the LED turns red, this indicates the volume is

too high. Turn volume down until LED remains

green. (Check)

7. When Signal LED remains Green, press the

READ button. The Blue Calibrated LED should

illuminate. (Check)

8. Now without touching any adjustments on

anything, connect the CC-1 to the output of the

next amplifier that you wish to match it’s gain to

the first amplifier. (Check)

9. The LEDs will indicate if the gain is too high or

too low compared to the “Master” amplifier. (Yeppers)

10. Adjust gain on the amplifier that the CC-1 is now

connected to until the Calibrated LED

illuminates. The amplifier’s gain is now matched

to the Master amplifier’s gain within +/- 0.05dB !! (Check)

After reading it 3 times now i still fail to realize what you're talking about Ray. If you know what i did wrong lemme know. Everything was textbook as far as these instructions go.

Edited by Chaosgrunt

I read my manual for it and it seems like you got it however you should really set the gains with it at full pass. Then afterwards set it up with the cc-1 for normal use to adjust the x-overs. Thats how i think its getting messed up. I did that and even though my amps arent set anywhere near 40Hz for the sub stage it had fucked with the gain volume and everytime i adjusted the gain with my dd-1 it would change a bit if i were to completely disable the x-over. I always play with the gains FIRST then i do the x-overs. That way i can be assured the entire signal is clean and perfect before i chop parts of it off.

edit: i would honestly not use the -5db for this. You should do this to the master amp (in your case the 2 channels you want to use as "master") FIRST so that the amp is at its max output you want for that attenuation THEN you go to the 0db tones that are on the cc-1 as thats what its expecting. Set the amp and everything before it to full pass and follow the instructions for the manual to match the gains. That im willing to bet is whats fucking you up.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I read my manual for it and it seems like you got it however you should really set the gains with it at full pass. Then afterwards set it up with the cc-1 for normal use to adjust the x-overs. Thats how i think its getting messed up. I did that and even though my amps arent set anywhere near 40Hz for the sub stage it had fucked with the gain volume and everytime i adjusted the gain with my dd-1 it would change a bit if i were to completely disable the x-over. I always play with the gains FIRST then i do the x-overs. That way i can be assured the entire signal is clean and perfect before i chop parts of it off.

edit: i would honestly not use the -5db for this. You should do this to the master amp (in your case the 2 channels you want to use as "master") FIRST so that the amp is at its max output you want for that attenuation THEN you go to the 0db tones that are on the cc-1 as thats what its expecting. Set the amp and everything before it to full pass and follow the instructions for the manual to match the gains. That im willing to bet is whats fucking you up.

Oky doke ill try it. Thanks!