Second Skin Audio

12 members have voted

1. 1. RE SX 15s or SXX 18s

• 15s
    • 18s

I have been planning on running 2 re sx 15s in the back of my 08 frontier. I have a neighbor willing to trade me his 2 still in box re sx 18s for my 15s. Today I actually got out in the truck and did some measuring and made some templates to see how big a box I could fit without odd corners and cutouts. i came out with a box running at approx 12.5 cube. Not excluding displacement of ports or subs. How would a re sxx18 sound with only 6cu per woofer?

Planning on running 2 6" aero ports per sub. Got 2 SoundStream dtr-1700s for the subs for now.

Go with the 18s or go with the 15s and why. I dont need to know about other brands or sizes of subs. These are my options and I will be going with one or the other.

On a side note, I would like to pull off a hairtrick one day..

Edited by ralimore

I don't care if you can hear me from down the block....I just want to make sure you FEEL me from there...

I'm a swinger, can I borrow your wife for a few?

from what I understand the SXX's are just SX's with a slightly larger motor, bit better ventilation, and flat wound coils..

12 cubes is small but i'd do it :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

The sx 15s I have are 4 years old....It has taken me that long to actually start to build a system. Working on electrical while Im deciding which subs I am going to use.

Im leaning towards the 18s also....just because damn they look huge! But I will bow down to people who know a little more than me about it. Hell last system I built was in 92 and I had 4 15" orion dvc's in a 92 toyota kingcab with 2 punch 200 dsm running them. Been a long Bass-less life since then.

I don't care if you can hear me from down the block....I just want to make sure you FEEL me from there...

Do you have any pics of the 18s? I thought they only had sx 18s an mx an xxx

dont forget the MTs

I have been planning on running 2 re sx 15s in the back of my 08 frontier. I have a neighbor willing to trade me his 2 still in box re sxx 18s for my 15s. Today I actually got out in the truck and did some measuring and made some templates to see how big a box I could fit without odd corners and cutouts. i came out with a box running at approx 12.5 cube. Not excluding displacement of ports or subs. How would a re sxx18 sound with only 6cu per woofer?

Planning on running 2 6" aero ports per sub. Got 2 SoundStream dtr-1700s for the subs for now.

Go with the 18s or go with the 15s and why. I dont need to know about other brands or sizes of subs. These are my options and I will be going with one or the other.

On a side note, I would like to pull off a hairtrick one day..

and i will go with the 18" but ur thinking on run one or 2 of the sx 18s on that 12cft?

ivsmd.png

06 Trailblazer ss

2 Team shok industries tsx 18s
Phoenix Gold ''THE ONE''
2 Phoenix gold 800.4
4 crescendo mp6.
2 crescendo mp8
bass processor

Dc power 270xp

150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable
1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ah
kenwood dnx8120
BCAE1.com
YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1
build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/

Fuck it, 18's !

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

18s it is then. Gonna be fun trying to figure airspace with all the odd angles to max out my box.