Sundown Audio

AQ 1200D Remote Bass Knob Gain Question!!

I just bought an Audioque 1200D. The shop set my gains and I'm sure they're up about half way.. They said to be careful with the bass knob as to not make the subs go BOOM! They're running two Skar VVX-12's.

A couple Questions...

-Is it a gain knob or bass boost? and difference?

-Also, for my subs around what level should I turn my Bass Knob to? (A little past all the way minimum and they get pretty loud.. don't wanna push the subs yet as they aren't broken in, but I've never had a system).

(edit: so far not even putting the knob up past one eighth

Thanks!

Edited by Kiean123

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

-Stinger Expert Roadkill..Trunk only

-(2) Skar VVX-12's D4 coils

-Dual slot ported to the left custom box tuned @ 32hz

-Audioque 1200D amplifier

A tribe called quest... ftw

This is how i did it and was told to do it. First off i was told it is a gain knob. Know i set my gains on amp with a DD-1 and when i did that i had the remote at 1/2 and set the amp gain on amp. This way when im NOT at full volume on the head unit i can turn up the knob past half to make up for quieter songs, then as i turn up the volume on the H/U i turn the knob down, closer to that 1/2 way mark

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

It's a gain knob. Huge difference.....gain knob is just lets you remotely adjust the gain UP TO THE POINT THE GAIN IS SET ON THE AMP. So if your gain is set to halfway, your knob will only be functional to that point, beyond that point it won't do anything. I can't imagine your gain needing to be set that high, unless you're running a stock deck or something....I'd try to meet up with someone who has a DD-1 and have them set your gain right, you can turn your gain knob up as high as you want, won't make a difference if your gain is set right.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Hmmm interesting.. still lost on mine. Guess I just have to play with it.

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

It's a gain knob. Huge difference.....gain knob is just lets you remotely adjust the gain UP TO THE POINT THE GAIN IS SET ON THE AMP. So if your gain is set to halfway, your knob will only be functional to that point, beyond that point it won't do anything. I can't imagine your gain needing to be set that high, unless you're running a stock deck or something....I'd try to meet up with someone who has a DD-1 and have them set your gain right, you can turn your gain knob up as high as you want, won't make a difference if your gain is set right.

And I do have a stock Acura RL 2005 head unit w/ an lc-2 audiocontrol LOC. Thanks for the info :)

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

when the knob first says you're clipping, you're not clipping.

Lol Kranny! I would think you have a very similar setup as me.. I just got everything installed yesterday! Will my system get louder too? I haven't even turned up the bass knob past minimum..

So pretty much you're saying turn that BLANK up?!?

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

Actually My knob was very close to the DD-1, it signaled clipping before the DD-1 did, I noticed that once my voltage dropped below 13.5 the clip light would blink.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

^^^^ hmmmm so how long can my system handle the light staying red?

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

If my light ever stays on, i turn the knob down, usually it just blinks real quick on a bass not which is considered a soft clip i guess so Thats fine, but if it holds the light i would go down. BUT you must remember every system is different and every piece of equipment is different, where not exactly the same so we clip at different levels, so your " clip light" could not light up when you ARE in fact clipping, we don't know. Point being don't go by my results tune it with a dd-1 it really is an amazing product. Not that it matters but i think the gain on my amp when i tuned her up was a bit past half, even when i used the -5 db track. I don't encourage it but if i were you i would put the gain at under half on the amp, and dont go further that 1/2 on the remote. Just till i use a dd-1. watch the clip light, its better than nothing i guess, No i will get eaten alive for telling you that probably but its what I would do in time.