Kicker Zx2500.1 Wiring?

The fuse by your battery under the hood is incase your power wire shorts out, the fuse should hopefully stop the short into the rest of your cars electrical. Samething with the fuse by your amp, to prevent a short occurring and frying your amp.

The kicker zx2500.1 does not have any on-board fuses. If you bought the amp new, it should of came with a fuse holder and a 300amp fuse. It would take a lot of little 30 or 40 amp ATC fuses to get a 300amp fuse rating.

You should always have a fuse within 12 inches or closer to your battery up front, and the same thing if your running rear batteries, or if you have a amp that is not factory fused like your kicker.

Edited by audiofanaticz

• 13 years later...

Thanks for the info on the fuse rating as I would have been starting with 80 amp fuses and working up from there but it would have taken a lot of steps before I hit a three hundred amp fuse. I needed this info and I'm greatly appreciative to those who gave out for others to know in this form. Much love from Canadian bass head who will soon be slamming dents into the trunk metal with two scar 12in subwoofers and a ported box size 4.5 cubic foot in size.

Edited by DEMIGOD
Thank you, didn't see answer was here already

I stumbled across this while looking for a 300 amp fuse for my amplifier which was a kicker zx2500.1 and I'm wondering if this would work just as well as a fuse and if not can somebody Supply me with a link showing a photo of a 300 amp fuse and what type I would need to get. I found this on Amazon and here is the link for you to check out. This is what I'm thinking I'd like to go with if it is recommended if not I need to see the proper fuse type I can do the rest of the hunting. Much love and ground quakes from block to block making people think it's earthquakes.Tap here to see what I'm considering  if somebody can provide a link to one that is a good brand and is on Amazon that would be sweet but not necessary. I'm just stating that because I have an Amazon Prime account right now and it would be nice to order it before my account Runs Out. Thanks again

Edited by DEMIGOD
Typo

That's a breaker it will work but this is traditional 

Screenshot_20211003-142407_Amazon Shopping.jpg

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Much love and props for the quick reply. I see what you're saying and the one in the photo you showed me is what I'm used to but I could not find one that would hold the three hundred amp fuse and was the type in the photo. I'm going to grab one now and hopefully it will be here within a week or so but I can be patient because the payoff will be worth it. From what I read it's best to put one close to the battery and then a second one close to the amplifier on my positive cable which is 0 gauge. My ground is only two feet long and connects directly to frame so hopefully I won't get any alternator whine or any annoying sound of any sort. I'm also missing the bass boost knob and don't know where to get one for this amplifier other than the manufacturer but the amplifier is no longer carried by kicker or at least no longer produced so I'm assuming they have none left but maybe I'll get lucky and they will have a bass boost knob with wiring that has the funky phone cable and on The Wire that goes into the amp. I'm sure I can track one down and I'm not the only person who's ever needed a spare. Thanks again my friend you have led me to the pot of gold. Keep slamming.

You fuse for the wire near the battery then fuse for the amp(s) near them. The best method for me is a fused distribution block near my amps. Something similar to this: http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/distribution-fuse-blocks/sp/bassik-2-way-10-to-4-gauge-fuse-distribution-block/

If you're only running 1 amp, a basic mini ANL or similar fuse holder will work fine.

If you have KnuKnoceptz Kolossus 4awg, it's rated at 150A so you'll fuse 150A near the battery, if you have 2 amplifiers, one 80A and one 50A, you'll do a distribution block near the amps with an 80A & 50A fuse. The wire's fuse doesn't have to match the max draw of your amplifiers.

Edited by CorNut

Dude make a new thread.... 14 years old 🙃

• Haha (+1 Rep) 1