Second Skin Audio

Little smell

Hey guys recently got a Skar 1500.1 woohoo also a level 4 dc. My box is 2.25 cubes tuned to 32 hertz designed in bbp6. I have a mitsubishi eclipse 90A alt with agm xp975 in the back wet cell in front run of 0 gauge and te big three is done. I set my gains today with the dd1 with a friend we did just a states in the instructions online EXCEPT we turned the bass knob all the way rather than half as stated.. Everything was good but the 1k light didn't come on. Went along with the 40 hertz on the head unit and it clipped at 60/62 but I set my amp gains at 53 being my speakers would crack anything above that volume. Okay So! My volts hold 12.7 at full tilt but i just got a slight coil smell.. Curious if I'm clipping it now.. I understand your not god and can't just magicly tell me. But I'm wondering from a new woofer if it's the ca glue as I heard before. Or me doing something wrong. I will take it to my local shop to have them set it soon. I'm just wondering if I've missed something? Hu was flat sub down gain down bass boost down lpf at 80 sub sonic at 30 or so. Sorry for the long explanation just trying to give as much info as possible. Will post pics up tonight.

Edit: I used a 0 hertz for hu and a -5 for the amp.

Edited by TheNewbie

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Honestly, I rather have the Bass Boost completely off (or set at zero). If you smell something, then it's probably a good idea to turn down the gain. If your subwoofer is new, then give it some time to 'break-in'. I learned all about that years ago. Just don't be too "tough" on it.

-Smurfboy

box may be a little too big for that kinda power?

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

Honestly, I rather have the Bass Boost completely off (or set at zero). If you smell something, then it's probably a good idea to turn down the gain. If your subwoofer is new, then give it some time to 'break-in'. I learned all about that years ago. Just don't be too "tough" on it.

-Smurfboy

Bass boost is down, was never turned on. I was also thinking to let it break in.. It's wired to one ohm.

Check out my build log:

box may be a little too big for that kinda power?

Possibility. At 12.7 should be close to 1400 I would assume have not clamped as I finished tonight. I had the design made by a forum member was pretty confident it would work. But perhaps.

Check out my build log:

My guess is glue burning off the coils. I take it you were wanging on it a little? No worries, its expected. I honestly would not worry about it right off the bat. I would be more worried if I started to hear motor noise. I say give it a week at moderate levels to let the glue settle in and then wang away. :drink40:

2021 Subaru Legacy XT Stock

2015 Toyota Tacoma Off Road system being worked on

turn down the gain a tad, and go easy on it for a week.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

My guess is glue burning off the coils. I take it you were wanging on it a little? No worries, its expected. I honestly would not worry about it right off the bat. I would be more worried if I started to hear motor noise. I say give it a week at moderate levels to let the glue settle in and then wang away. :drink40:

I was thinking this as well. I'll be easy on her for a bit and yeah I was.. The sub was a tad warm too though.. Also expected?

Check out my build log:

Warm is normal and is part of the cooling. Hot is bad :)