Sundown Audio

Planning on building a box soon for my SA12s and I was hoping for some help on the design.. How many ft^3 should I give em? And what's a good tuning that will give me good sq for daily listening (mostly rap) and still put up good numbers in terms of spl? As of right now I only have a JL 500/1 But I'll be upgrading to a 1200-1500watt amp hopefully by the end of June.

which one you want, sq or spl?

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

I'd like a little of both lol. I ain't gonna be regularly competing, but I'd like to go into the lanes at least once and put up some respectable #'s. What I want is to be able to be around 140db and still have the best sq possible. Getting that loud is pretty hard it seems, even with the backseat out in my 01 Park Ave

Not really a SQ box, but they do fairly well in 2.2-2.3 cuft per @34hz with that much power

The upgraded one. I did a box for one of my buddies (2.25 cuft @ 33hz). Has a single sa-12 on a hifonics Brutus 1200 @ 2 ohms. Sounds nice, plays pretty much anything. The sub gets great cooling in that box, so he can go full tilt song after song after song :)

questions like this are contradictory imo. you can either get good SQ and sacrifice numbers, get good numbers and sacrifice SQ, or get mediocre SQ and numbers. gotta pick what you rather have the most, can't have it all. i'd prefer better for daily since that's what you'd use it for most often