Re-roofing sucks, just look at this!

I have to re-roof my house, and of course the previous owner must have thought that by adding layer upon layer upon layer upon layer would never have any repercussions whatsoever. Think i am kidding? here is some proof.

101_1043.jpg

101_1044.jpg

Furthermore after all that asphalt came off there was a layer of wood shake under that and the roof was still leaking!

It is total chaos under there look at this crap, it took me two days to get it all back level and re-sheeted.

101_1046.jpg

I have the front done, this picture make the new shingles look gray but they are actually shades of brown and here is the ironic part, the asphalt shingles i chose are suppose to look like wood shake. LOL, is that irony?

101_1045.jpg

The really stupid part is I have to do this by myself, my wife works graveyard, and my kids are 12 and 10. The 10year old helps some, he staples in the tar paper and hold the tape measure/stands on boards and helps hold stuff in place when one guy can't do it. But you know how kids are, 90 degrees out and they fall out pretty quick.

wow i don't think i have ever seen that many layers of shingles before , i think most codes 3 layers is when you SHOULD tear off . in minnesota , that with a snow load likes to bring the roof down sometimes . looking good

i retired for roofing after 2 year, hardest shit i ever did. how could your state allow so many layers, have fun with your tear off and clean -up

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Same here, they don't want more than two layers. I can get insurance on the roof right now, so i am trying to get this finished. I still have so much more to do and i have no idea how i will do that steep part, Roof jacks and friends i guess. I just need to find a way to bribe them into coming down to help.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn thats some serious layers going on there.. previous owner was a real jack nut... tearing off one or 2 layers sucks enough.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

re just replaced the roof on our renter house and my dad didnt want to pay someone to come pick up the mess... so he paid me and my bro. And I dont wish that on anyone, and it was only like 1 or 2 layers. lol... good luck with that man.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

No doubt- roofing is some hard work anyway. But that is madness you had going on there! I have an old house too- gotta' love the stuff you find. The part you've done looks great.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.