Sundown Audio

Quick ? about audiopipe

apk line is their only good line. cause they got smart and started using the korean build house that many other good brands use. everyone and their mom will tell you that the ap 1500/1800's are fine/good. but they're really not. built with cheap as fuck parts with tolerances higher than an obese persons blood pressure. dirty power, terrible sound quality.

Edited by Kranny

Many many people including me have had good success running the ap1500 line. Had mines going on 3 years and I previously had the aq1200 and this ap was no different in how it sounded. Get or keep asking around you'll like it. P.s. I've also had the ap1000 for a girls build I did and it still performed well compared that to her jl 5001 she had and sound to both of us was around the same with the ap being slightly louder since voltage drop.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Direct swap of jl 500 to ap three people noticed it too. Only was swapping to decide to sell expensive jl and stay with the ap. Not much different so sold jl. Simple.

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Read man ap1000 swap to constant jl 500 rms. Just because jl is expensive does not mean the bass is now high sq. Its all In the box way more than the power source.

Read man ap1000 swap to constant jl 500 rms. Just because jl is expensive does not mean the bass is now high sq. Its all In the box way more than the power source.

never said its "all of a sudden great sound quality". but JL > shit-in-a-pipe for build quality and sound quality and performance. not price, fucking obviously. but its built with quality high end parts and the design is great. thats part of the reason why it costs so much. vouch for a shitty chinese amp all you want, its not going to make it any better. when you keep posting about how great that series of audiopipe amps is, im still going to argue with you because you're just plain wrong and you cant accept that. i would've told that girl to keep her JL amp, or at least sell it and get a BETTER quality amp than that piece of shit. i could pretty much crap in the grass, stick some wires in it, and produce a better amp.

id rather go with a hifonics if i was tryna save a few bucks...

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

You can keep going on about the shitty parts but mines been going for 3 going to 4 with no problems. Sq on an amp unless your talking about 800 and up amps that are specially designed for sq is not going to be very noticeable my swap tests proven that for me. Why don't you research more about amp boards and youll see many brands you nut hug share the same boards with others. Like my bro said and hes an old school competitor, there only so many boards and many companies choose the same board. Power is power. Box and install is way more important. The audioque had and you mention look into how that board looks to the hifonics 2610d. I know your the type that doesnt see but your opinions and other high post count people but research more about amps in the same or close price range you'll be surprised.