Low voltage problem... with pics

Over heating huh? Well, do you have an internal water pump or external? if it's an external water pump you might have belt slip with the extra strain of the new alt and your water pump isn't getting turned fast enough. But you would think you would hear some squall from the belt if it was slipping.

That was my question, and sorry if i missed it... whats the car ??? again, sorry if i didnt see it...

It's a 2006 Pontiac (g5) pursuit. Its virtually identical to the Chevy cobalt excepts for the tail lights.

damn it, i just re read that... my bad... the install looks pretty good to me... coming from another unibody owner as well.. Are you seeing this voltage on a hand held meter? or are you looking at the voltage with a display type unit you have hooked up? like a stinger or dakota digital type of unit?

damn it, i just re read that... my bad... the install looks pretty good to me... coming from another unibody owner as well.. Are you seeing this voltage on a hand held meter? or are you looking at the voltage with a display type unit you have hooked up? like a stinger or dakota digital type of unit?

Its a stinger volt meter. I set it with my dmm earlier.

I have the exact same car. The computer has a built in regulator that alternates the voltage to increase fuel economy. The only way to fix it is to install an older style alt (off of a cavalier) and deal with a low battery indicator on you dash at all times. Otherwise the voltage will always be fluctuating.

Headunit: Pioneer avh-1400dvd

Subs: DC Audio lvl 4 18 with carbon fibre dustcaps

Sub amp: Rockford T2500-1bdcp

Mids & Highs: RF Prime 5.25's + Focal Polyglass 6.5s

Highs Amp: RF T600-4

Batts: XS Power D975, XS Power D925

Alt: Mechman 270a

Wires: Shok Industries 1/0, RF RCA's and Shok 12/8 gauge speaker wires

Deadening: Second Skin

TEAM DC

TEAM SHOK

I have the exact same car. The computer has a built in regulator that alternates the voltage to increase fuel economy. The only way to fix it is to install an older style alt (off of a cavalier) and deal with a low battery indicator on you dash at all times. Otherwise the voltage will always be fluctuating.

Is there no way to bypass it? like mla or something? damn I don't want to get a less powerful alt as the 270 is just cutting it. maybe look into a second alt in place of the ac in the near future.

Only way is how I told you. Older model alt. Most ecotecs have this feature which is a pain when trying to install a stereo.

You could try chipping the computer though, get to a true tuning garage and have them program the chip to keep a consistent voltage (and increase horsepower.)

Headunit: Pioneer avh-1400dvd

Subs: DC Audio lvl 4 18 with carbon fibre dustcaps

Sub amp: Rockford T2500-1bdcp

Mids & Highs: RF Prime 5.25's + Focal Polyglass 6.5s

Highs Amp: RF T600-4

Batts: XS Power D975, XS Power D925

Alt: Mechman 270a

Wires: Shok Industries 1/0, RF RCA's and Shok 12/8 gauge speaker wires

Deadening: Second Skin

TEAM DC

TEAM SHOK

Only way is how I told you. Older model alt. Most ecotecs have this feature which is a pain when trying to install a stereo.

You could try chipping the computer though, get to a true tuning garage and have them program the chip to keep a consistent voltage (and increase horsepower.)

uggggggg god dammit GM!!! like I give a shit about fuel economy with 700 pounds in the back.......

you could try hooking the alt up to an external voltage regulator instead of the pcm...

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Archived