You should always tune with a 0 db tone so you won't have to worry about playing songs that are over what you set

Yes, But won't you lose loudness on songs that are like -7db? I'm still tring to learn this whole thing. I mean meade is set to -10db and he plays under 5 so I don;t get it

You should always tune with a 0 db tone so you won't have to worry about playing songs that are over what you set

Yes, But won't you lose loudness on songs that are like -7db? I'm still tring to learn this whole thing. I mean meade is set to -10db and he plays under 5 so I don;t get it

It's honestly all about where you're comfortable adjusting your settings to. Tune with 0db to be safe, and tune with lower db's knowing that you may risk damaging equipment. This doesn't mean that you ARE going to blow your equipment. Just think of it as a condom that says 99% reliable. Most people will be fine, but there's always that one guy who gets fucked over in the end

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

But Steve is also tweaking with his levels as he plays music so he isn't clipping. It's not like the puts it full blast and full clip every time he plays.