Sonic Electronix

You can do a lot of things. I would think no matter what you do inside the car Atleast your power train warranty will be intact because to deny service they would have to prove the engine broke because of bass (unlikely). Now depending on what Brand car you get you will have to read up on the Bumper to Bumper warranty to see what you can do as far as interior mods.

I was late :)

Edited by FeArZ

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

Talk to the sales guy, see what he says. If he makes promises to sell you the car, get it in writing and signed before you trade keys. An agreement is one of the strongest legally binding things you can protect yourself with.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Overall, the laws governing warranties are very clear. The only time a new vehicle warranty can be voided is if an aftermarket part has been installed and it can be proven that it is responsible for an emission warranty claim. However, a vehicle manufacturer or dealership cannot void a warranty simply because an an aftermarket equipment has been installed on a vehicle.

so basically if put a system in the new car, and i blow a head gasket, they cant say that my shits voided because i put audio in and thats the reason why the gasket blew. they still have to fix it no charge, pretty much.

edit: but if the alt dies after i install the system, and its proven that it caused the alt to fail, then the warranty is void?

Edited by Kranny

so basically if put a system in the new car, and i blow a head gasket, they cant say that my shits voided because i put audio in and thats the reason why the gasket blew. they still have to fix it no charge, pretty much.

they cant, but they will sure try i would imagine.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

another good piece of info i found. In cases where such a failed aftermarket part is responsible for a warranty claim, the vehicle manufacturer must arrange a settlement with the consumer, but by law the new - vehicle warranty is not voided.

Kranny, Ive had personal experience with this and the way warranties work Is whatever you replace is voided. For example you replace the head unit and blow a speaker of course they are not gonna replace it. You replace the head unit and you ac goes out they will replace the ac. But be aware you working a brand new car and the Wiring is crazy and you clip some wrong wires then it's on you.

Hope this helps, Also after buying both my cars new I talked to maintenance and the manger of the car lot to talk to them about what i was gonna do, and turns out they love me stoping by and showing off my system so they are on the same page.

"SilveradoGoesBang"

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155256-silveradogoesbang-box-done-take-notes-on-bracing/

2 FI BTL 18's

CT Sounds 7k

2013 MidwestSPL Finals Xtreme 3 - 1st Place

Kranny, Ive had personal experience with this and the way warranties work Is whatever you replace is voided. For example you replace the head unit and blow a speaker of course they are not gonna replace it. You replace the head unit and you ac goes out they will replace the ac. But be aware you working a brand new car and the Wiring is crazy and you clip some wrong wires then it's on you.

Hope this helps, Also after buying both my cars new I talked to maintenance and the manger of the car lot to talk to them about what i was gonna do, and turns out they love me stoping by and showing off my system so they are on the same page.

yeah man that helps a lot. personal experience is always a plus in my book. so would you suggest that i talk to a manger or maintenance guy (not a salesman i assume, cause how would they know) about what i may be planning on doing?

double edge sword territory.

you talk to him and they say its okay.. then something happens, and you bring it back and say, but i had your word.. and he denys it..

or you get it in writing, and he has nothing to do with the warranty department and your still effed.

personally i wouldnt tell anyone at the dealership what i plan to do with my vehicle. its my business.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop