Second Skin Audio

Well I'm looking to put 2 15's in the back of my crv and I wasnt 100% on how much of the car to deaden. Any suggestions?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Depends on the vehicle, what you are waning to accomplish, etc. etc.

So lets start out with a few questions.

1. What is the vehicle?

2. What are your goals (SQ, SPL. reduce noise, kill rattles, prevent flex, etc.)?

3. Budget (not necessary, but it helps).?

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

its a 2002 honda crv, the goal is to slowly get an nice system going, and to stop flex. Budget would be around $400 to $500.

Edited by Leo1103

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

I would suggest 20 sq. ft. of material on the low end and 40 sq. ft. on the high end. And here is the break down:

Front doors measure roughly 7.2 sq. ft. - 25% coverage = 1.8 sq. ft. of material per door.

Rear doors measure roughly 6.2 sq. ft. - 25% coverage = 1.55 sq. ft. of material per door.

Rear quarter panel measures roughly 4 sq. ft. - 25% coverage = 1 sq. ft. of material.

Rear tailgate/hatch measures roughly 8.8 sq. ft. - 25% coverage = 2.2 sq. ft. of material.

Roof measures approximately 20 sq. ft. (this is accounting for a sun/moonroof) - 25% coverage = 5 sq. ft. of material.

Floor measures approximately 40 sq. ft. - 25% coverage = 10 sq. ft. of material

All totaled up you're looking at about 25 sq. ft. to achieve about 25% coverage on each of those panels.

Flex is more difficult to combat because it's a different force (air pressure), so the best way is to reinforce the panel (most cases the roof) with either wood or metal bracing. OR you can go with 100% coverage with a high quality vibration damping mat like Damp Pro or Alpha Damp and create somewhat of a barrier.

So all said and done, I would probably go with a Bulk Pack of Damp Pro as that will give you plenty to work with. In addition to that, I would get four-six sheets of OverKill to install behind the trim on the doors and rear hatch to prevent and stop rattles.

Hope that helps,

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon
spelling eludes me sometimes...

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Sweet man thanks for the help!

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

• 1 month later...

Yeah i have a rav4 about the same size i used a sheet of damplifier in each section in between the bracing on the roof and it made a huge difference no more noise from the roof i was shocked on how much of a difference it made subs sound better too .. next will be my doors after i get in the mood to yank the fatmat off lol