Sonic Electronix

So I think this might be a little noobish but I still havent done the big 3, I know I know, It should have been done a long time ago. Anyway, Im going to do it next week but I am extremely nervous about it for some reason. Does anyone have any pointers for me? and Exactly what I need to do it. I know 1/0 gauge ofc wire but what else? Has anyone thats done it on a 2002 ford explorer know the best place for the ground? ahhh, help! :peepwall:

thanks guys.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

I still haven't done my Mountaineer either, but looking around probably the best/easiest place would be the strut tower, that's what I'm thinking of doing.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Do NOT skimp on connections. Make good solders/crimps on the lugs. Don't smash it with a hammer / melt solder on the top. Either use a good hydraulic crimper with marine grade lugs or solder until it drips out the bottom of the wire.

Sand all connections down to the metal

Make sure you use zip ties to tie everything out of the way, and keep the wire away from anything that moves/gets hot

At a minimum, put a fuse next to the battery on the alternator charging wire. If you have to snake that wire around a bunch, fuse next to the alternator and the battery

Do NOT skimp on connections. Make good solders/crimps on the lugs. Don't smash it with a hammer / melt solder on the top. Either use a good hydraulic crimper with marine grade lugs or solder until it drips out the bottom of the wire.

Sand all connections down to the metal

Make sure you use zip ties to tie everything out of the way, and keep the wire away from anything that moves/gets hot

At a minimum, put a fuse next to the battery on the alternator charging wire. If you have to snake that wire around a bunch, fuse next to the alternator and the battery

There really isn't a ton of space between the alt and bat so do you think both fuses would be needed? Also, what size fuse? And I see people buying new battery terminals, that's neccesary right? And one more (I'm annoying, I know, my bad.) Do I leave my stock wires there? Or take them off totally, I post a pic soon because my stock power wire branches off in two different directions.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

for 1/0 a 300 amp fuse

dont replace stock wires

not necessary to buy new terminals, but makes it easier

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Pose some pics of your engine bay and I can give you some ideas

Ok give me a few and ill post a bunch of pictures for you guys.

Also, can you guys reccomend any good battery terminals I should buy? And some good quality crimp/soldering terminals? I'm grabbing knu wire so I know that's good.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB