Second Skin Audio

6.5 inch subs on parts express?

Okay so I am looking to do some work on a 1974 MG B for my brother as a gift. there is a compartment behind the passenger seat that I could fit about .15-.1-8 cu ft box in and was hoping to find a small sub that I could get him something a little beyond a typical door speaker. First I need to know if this is even possible, and secondly what would you guys recommend for a 6.5? Ive been looking around on my own and most people are throwing these into home audio system in huge ported or T-line enclosures and there is no specs for sealed. Secondly, would there be a good amp to match this for a cheap price as well? your input is much appreciated.

if i remember right dd has a 6.5 sub.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

First you have to realize that you're not going to get very high output out of it, and probably will max out at 200 watts in a ported box (at most depending on the driver you choose).

That being said you can run it sealed in pretty much any enclosure. PE is pretty good about supplying T&S parameters.

As far as using a 6.5 as a subwoofer, with that little airspace, you COULD port it, but your output would be low under 40 hz, even if you tuned it low.

Your best bet is just to seal the enclosure and fill it with fiberfill, it will give you the best and cleanest response for your airspace. Even if you dont have the correct TS, it takes a lot to be off by that much in a sealed box.

With the top down I dont even know if you could hear it.

Pinoeer makes a small under the seat powered enclosure with a passive radiator that may be better suited to your situation.

Edited by beaker

First you have to realize that you're not going to get very high output out of it, and probably will max out at 200 watts in a ported box (at most depending on the driver you choose).

That being said you can run it sealed in pretty much any enclosure. PE is pretty good about supplying T&S parameters.

As far as using a 6.5 as a subwoofer, with that little airspace, you COULD port it, but your output would be low under 40 hz, even if you tuned it low.

Your best bet is just to seal the enclosure and fill it with fiberfill, it will give you the best and cleanest response for your airspace. Even if you dont have the correct TS, it takes a lot to be off by that much in a sealed box.

With the top down I dont even know if you could hear it.

Pinoeer makes a small under the seat powered enclosure with a passive radiator that may be better suited to your situation.

I agree with this.

JL 6W3 would be perfect for that space as they call for .15^3 sealed and only take 150 rms but they are also about $140.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW