SMD VM-1 LED Volt Meter! (its back!) Pics/short vid pg. 19 (new update pg 35)

Any thoughts on making a horizontal or vertical bar version? I love the concept of the VM-1 (going to be ordering one hopefully on Wednesday), but the size makes it a bit difficult to find a place in my Passat to mount it. I was thinking a horizontal bar graph style would be a compact design for tight spaces...

Though I just had a thought! Mount it to the visor! Then you can flip it down when you need to see it, and flip it out of the way when you don't!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ST-728x901.jpg

Showtime Electronics

Authorized Dealer For Many Popular Brands Including XS Power, Kicker, McLaren, Beyma, Ampere Audio, DC Audio and more!

Site: www.showtimeelectronics.com

eBay: www.stestore.net

Amazon: www.amazon.com/shops/showtimeelectronics

Email Us : [email protected]

• 1 month later...

Where is the best place to wire the VM-1, are most of you guys hooking it up directly to the power, ground, remote of your amp? Should I want the actual read out of my battery/alternator or the output from the amp? I will not be using the cig adapter.

Thanks,

Keagan

HU: Pioneer 4100 NEX
Subs: 2 Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-10"
Amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-1bd wired @ 1ohm
Front: Polk Audio Components DB6501
Amp: Pioneer GM A5602 wired @ 4 ohm
Rear: Polk Audio Coaxials db651s
(2) OM-1s, (1) VM-1

Where is the best place to wire the VM-1, are most of you guys hooking it up directly to the power, ground, remote of your amp? Should I want the actual read out of my battery/alternator or the output from the amp? I will not be using the cig adapter.

Thanks,

Keagan

if you want to monitor your amplifier, than the best place you can wire it is directly to the +/- terminals, and the remote turn on.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Thanks,

Keagan

if you want to monitor your amplifier, than the best place you can wire it is directly to the +/- terminals, and the remote turn on.

Sorry, I was to say monitor the alternator voltage and not the voltage at the amplifier. Or it doesn't matter? Would it be that much of a difference whether I do it at the amp vs the Alternator?

(2) OM-1s, (1) VM-1

With car audio, you are better off knowing what kind of voltage your amp is seeing, than what the alt is putting out. It does no good to know your alt is putting out 14v, but your amp is probably getting 12.8v because you have a bad wire.

This is where having dual voltage gauges helps. You can read the output of your alt, and the input to the amps. Can help to spot wiring troubles.

With multi-amp systems, you can monitor at the closest distribution block that serves all amps.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

With car audio, you are better off knowing what kind of voltage your amp is seeing, than what the alt is putting out. It does no good to know your alt is putting out 14v, but your amp is probably getting 12.8v because you have a bad wire.

This is where having dual voltage gauges helps. You can read the output of your alt, and the input to the amps. Can help to spot wiring troubles.

With multi-amp systems, you can monitor at the closest distribution block that serves all amps.

That about pretty much clears it up for me! Thanks man! :good:

(2) OM-1s, (1) VM-1

Anyone know when wc car audio will be back in stock?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5