SMD VM-1 LED Volt Meter! (its back!) Pics/short vid pg. 19 (new update pg 35)

Steve since it does skip every .3v, if your voltage reading is in the middle of one of the readings, which way will it go, up or down? I know .3 isnt really a big deal, just curious.
good question...Tony can probably answer that better. Also, FYI: technically, its only skipping .2v.
Ahh good point. I fail at looking at the pictures. I still have no clue where to fit 2 VU Dins and 2 of these, plus 6 switches, 1 bass knob, 2 8s, and an ipad in my center console.

A couple of notes on how it works.

* It is self calibrating. No means or need to manually calibrate. -- because I could :drink40:

* The voltage displayed above each LED represents the center of the "range" of each LED. What I mean is that if the LED for "12.8" is displayed the actual voltage would be between 12.65-12.95. The next LED "13.1" would be from 12.95 to 13.25. Ect. So each LED represents a range of 300mV I guess you could say, and the calibration of each LED is centered precisely in the center of the range. -- For the people saying they want to know their "exact" voltage... I assure you this is more accurate than your "digital readout". This is real circuitry, all analog. Robust and self calibrating.

I feel that this is a great way to monitor your voltage. It gives you a visual representation of where the voltage is vs a number that you have to try to read as it is changing. Because that type has to be "read" there has to be circuitry in them to slow them down. So it is really difficult to see the minimums and maximums during musical peaks. This is why some fluke meters have the "min/max" function, because otherwise our brains and eyes aren't fast enough to see them. With this fast responding moving indicator, it's pretty easy.

I hope you love it as much as I do.

Tony

^ knows how to sell a product and put into perspective why this would be an essential in your ride

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

This item is going to need to go to 20 volts minimum for the hardcore!!

NSPL 2001 Trunk 251-500 world champion. 2009 2nd place 0-1800 147.9 under 1800 watts. 2011 0-3601 Trunk Champion. No Typo Current 0-3600 Trunk WR Holder! 149.9 (0-1800) /147.5 (1801-3600) /???.? (3601-up) need new front window first! TEAMHIGHX-CURSIONsig-1.jpg

Learn to be quiet about what your workin on.. L O S E = (L)etting (O)thers (S)ee (E)verything

I was having some voltage issues with my ride, specifically, SPIKES, and i grabbed SNAFU, (Tony C) for a hand, the first thing he told me was, "do not look at your "volt display unit", Its to slow, grab your fluke, and use the MIN/MAX feature and report back to me.... Long story short........

He was (as always) right, especially on the repair, and im back on track,...... Great product guys.... again,... im all over this one..... Is there a sneak pic of the top case of the unit?? I understand the tooling is in the works,... but, come one!?!?!.. what will it look like????....

Edited by KyLar96

I was having some voltage issues with my ride, specifically, SPIKES, and i grabbed SNAFU, (Tony C) for a hand, the first thing he told me was, "do not look at your "volt display unit", Its to slow, grab your fluke, and use the MIN/MAX feature and report back to me.... Long story short........

He was (as always) right, especially on the repair, and im back on track,...... Great product guys.... again,... im all over this one..... Is there a sneak pic of the top case of the unit?? I understand the tooling is in the works,... but, come one!?!?!.. what will it look like????....

SNAFU knows what he's talkin about

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

X2

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

MMMM...Hmmmm.. why we go his direction with everything we have any question on... anyway,... this product seems just crazy solid, and will be trying to get in line for the pre-order. I really cant see how anyone would not have this included in thier install/system.

It really does show that not only are you cats tuned into what is needed, but also wanted out there,.... AND deliverying on the quality, with doing just as advertised. Period. Great great job.

and again... come on guys.. can we get any type of glimps on the units cover???... damn, i already wanna plan the dash out....

Edited by KyLar96