Sundown Audio

kenwood kac-8105d

I'd rather run it at 4, 1ohm will prolly put it in protect or heat it up and drop output for short intervals. Doesn't take much to make those Kenwood's unhappy.

lol i think thats the problem im having now actually when im playing my music loud my sub bangs then it wont be as loud for a little bit then it will hit again or rarely the sub will make a small pop and cut all the way out for a min then turn back on/ is this because of the amp not being able to take the 1ohm or could it be because im running 16 gauge wire which i will be replacing on saturday. but i think im going to return the amp tomorrow and save for a better 1000 or 1200 watt amp that is 1ohm capable? what do you and anyone else think i should do

sounds like your amp is unhappy , i knew some one with a big kenwood running a pair of mtx 12 's i think 2 ohm and when he would get them bumping it wasn't long until the kenwood would get hot and shut down . 4 ohm for that amp might be best . i would drop a few bucks for some beefier speaker wire i like this stuff http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KRD10BL

I can tell you from experience that the 9105d will run 2ohm fine if you don't clip, you start clipping and it will eventually do what you say it is doing. I only have a 65amp alt but i have 1/0 grounds from alt to strut tower and from battery to strut tower, in the rear i have 4ga from strut tower to batter and the amp grounds to rear battery with 4ga, i have 4ga power wire front to back and a 6ga (don't ask) All i can say is i wish i would have bought a better amp, when i get my new alt i will see if keeping volatge above 12.5 ,makes a difference. That is when i have the most trouble. If i stay above that or maybe 13v it will usually keep on going fine.

Edited by strangeduck