Sundown Audio

SK-1500.1 Discovery!

Sheena

I was just outside bored out of my mind and i decided to play with my amp.

the discovery i made is that on my SK-1500 in order to PROPERLY use the bass knob (GAIN KNOB) to its fullest potential, you MUST turn the gain on the amp all the way to max.

i found this out after i saw it half way turned up, i was like meh, i feel better if it was all the way down so in case the cable got pulled out of the gain knob the amp isnt raped.

so i turned it all the way down, and turned the car on and started listening to it, immediately realizing that my 1/3 1/2 and full tilt volumes were lacking bass..

so i went back to the amp after turning it off and turned the gain all the way up (no, its not all the way up on my bass knob (gain knob))

turned my system on and again, immediately realized that for about the 2 months ive had the amp i havent been at true full tilt.

my remote bass knob, is a gain knob. (just in case theres that one person that does not understand.)

bass boost is always off.

im not sure if this is a well known fact or whatever, but ive never seen it posted and thought i'd let everyone know, that hey! if your using a gain knob, its limited by what your amps gain is set at.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

whos gonna post the clip city quote first :lazy:

NINJA QUOTE FROM HELL!

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

ya, thats what im saying kranny

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

you should probably use proper equipment to tune your gains. im taking a guess that you didn't do that so thats why you "weren't using its full potential"

edit: and then for some fucking reason, you thought it was necessary to turn the gain all the way up to .2v.

ah ok so you dont understand.

well lets take a second crack at it, i thought i explained it pretty well.

gain on the amp itself turned all the way down, gain on the knob turned all the way up, can talk over it.

gain on the amp all the way up, gain on the knob, NOT ALL THE WAY UP, but at a respectable level, cant talk over it.

pretty simple imo? i thought?

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

I think you're supposed to set your gains with your REMOTE all the way up. That way, no matter how much your turn it up, it won't be at its clipping point.

probably, not a bad idea, but i just turn the H/U down if i feel its improper because i dont ever touch the gain knob, set it and forget it.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

ah ok so you dont understand.

well lets take a second crack at it, i thought i explained it pretty well.

gain on the amp itself turned all the way down, gain on the knob turned all the way up, can talk over it.

gain on the amp all the way up, gain on the knob, NOT ALL THE WAY UP, but at a respectable level, cant talk over it.

pretty simple imo? i thought?

dude...you fail. i dont know how you dont understand this concept. okay...lets say the gain on the amp is at half. when the remote knob is at full, try unplugging the remote knob. notice how it doesn't get any louder or quieter? thats because when the remote knob is at full, it allows the amp to output as much power as it gain according to the gain setting on the amp itself.

the remote knob is just an attenuator.

edit: its the same exact concept with the sundown amps, and audioque, and dc. cause, you know, they're all built in the same place

edit 2: when you have the remote knob at full, you will never exceed the gain position thats on the amp itself. i dont know how to explain it any more clear than that.

Archived