Buying vehicle out of state...advice?

I'm buying a vehicle from out of state this week need some advice from someone who has done it. My insurance will cover me to drive it home so thats not a problem. My problem is plates, a few people have told me I would be ok to drive it directly home without plates as long as I had the titled signed and dated that day. I can't go get plates without a title and pretty sure ohio requires an inspection for out of state vehicles before they can be plated. Who should I call to verify how to go about doing this? Dmv?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Id call the DMV and find out what they say. Ive bought 2 cars out of state, but Im guessing your talking about private sellers; mine were at dealerships so they could provide a 30 day window.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Id call the DMV and find out what they say. Ive bought 2 cars out of state, but Im guessing your talking about private sellers; mine were at dealerships so they could provide a 30 day window.

In the same boat as him. Although I, personally, have never bought one out of state, I went with my brother to NC to get a Yukon and they gave him 30-day tags like most dealers will, and there were no problems getting it registered in VA and whatnot.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Yeah its from a private seller unfortunately. I dont think i can get 30 day tags until I have registration in hand and the vehicle is inspected, tried calling the dmv today but they were closed. Going to call tomorrow morning and go pick it up in the afternoon, hopefully this goes smoothly.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

I bought a truck from a private seller in the Florida keys and I live in Mississippi. Your insurance will cover a newly purchased car as long as you drive it directly home. I'm not sure on all that you're asking, but I just got a plate and transferred the title today. They didn't even bother to look at the notarized bill of sale I busted my ass to get.. So depending on if you live in a notary state or not, you don't need to worry about it; I don't live in a notary state.

Edited by MrGeo

http://www.youtube.com/mrgeo20
-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

-'99 Sierra, under construction

I live in Michigan. I bought my Ranger from Indiana. I drove it home with no plates. Just the papers the insurance company gave me and the title. I got the guy to give me his number and date just incase I got pulled over I had multiple proofs I just bought the car and I was taking it home. Drive extra cautious.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Thanks guys! Everyone keeps telling me i'll be fine without plates as long as I have proof it was purchased that day, going to call and double check tomorrow morning.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

I went with my dad to pick up a truck a state away and the people kept their plates/tags. (in nevada you can over lap another cars tags to yours) and we drove it back with out plates.

2012 Ram 3500. HTT 2nd Gen manifold Swap, HTT s465 Turbo, FASS 150, 6" S&B Intake, 5" TBE, RaceMe programmer, 8 inch tip (dumped over axle) 20x12s on 35s, 6 inch lift, Color match & haloed headlights, 30" lightbar flush mounted in bumper.

2 Sundown audio SD-2 12s and a Soundqubed Q1-1200d amp.

2000 s10 xtreme *SOLD*

1zh2yaf-1.png