Show us your HIDs !!! White Lightning upgrade pg 6

Most lenses I see on these trucks must not be made correctly because either people do not know how to bolt them on correctly, or they are not made correctly to fit these trucks ... I know that there are different ones for the year models so I've only been looking at 96, 97, and 98 Chevy trucks ... it seems that one side always sticks out like a sore thumb, I want one that looks stock !!!

No, I'm actually having a good night at work, and my shift is almost over ...

I'm thinking that I should get my stock ones polished out and be done with it ...

I have no personal experience with head light housings for your model truck but what I did to get past the shitty fitment of aftermarket lights in the past was I'd bake the stock housing and the new housing then swap the front lenses. Then I'd have the clear lens but on the stock reflector housing so it fit good. The reflector usually wasn't as pretty with the stock one but the beam pattern was always much better. Just a thought...

Not a single projection housing in this thread so far. :(

I know.. Its sad..

But I will fix!

I did retrofits on both.

(MH1 3.0 Morimoto 5000k, Gatling shroud, CCFL)

Focus ( MH1 4.1 E46-R shroud, Morimoto 5000k)

focusprojectors.jpg

That's clean. :thumbup:

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

since they now work ill edit this one. I dont like the ones on the lightning. Ruins the flow of the front end to me. Ive driven my truck in the three years Ive owned it three times at night. The lights are bright enough without projectors. They are also aimed down some so that they dont blind anyone. If I have to wreck the entire flow of the front end to do things the right way I'll pass.

BTW the original guy is a douche and thats why something was said.

Well its fine if you don't like them. I had 3 other lightning owners wanting me to retrofit their trucks and a bunch of compliments. I really don't care though I did it for me. I think it looks pretty damn good though lol

DSC00130.jpg

Aiming down doesn't do anything for glare. Adding projectors to a headlight doesn't wreck it at all. (IMO) I think driving around with GREEN headlights wrecks it.

But I understand a lot of people are uneducated on HIDs and just like the pretty colors.

Thank you KMS.

2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz

2016 Focus ST - SQ build.

DSC00130.jpg

First off, this is f*cking gorgeous.

Here's my cousin's S10. I installed a DDM 6000K kit w/relays.

280276_10150235321719272_540409271_7418770_2229740_o.jpg

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

for the people on here who did retrofits was it hard or expensive to do? because I want to do it to my 02 4runner but I want to know what to expect and where the best place to get the parts would be. I want to do angel eye projector HID

It's all depends how mechanically inclined you are with that type of stuff. I've done it a few times, isnt hard for me but takes time. As far as parts go that's all up to you and the type of projectors you like and can get ahold of. The angel eye isn't really anything to worry about, they sell kits to add that to various size projectors.

Thank you.

for the people on here who did retrofits was it hard or expensive to do? because I want to do it to my 02 4runner but I want to know what to expect and where the best place to get the parts would be. I want to do angel eye projector HID

The MH1 projector is very easy. I buy all my HID items from TRS. Here is a link to the MH1 full kit.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

Hardest part is probably taking the dremel to brand new headlights lol.

2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz

2016 Focus ST - SQ build.

It's all depends how mechanically inclined you are with that type of stuff. I've done it a few times, isnt hard for me but takes time. As far as parts go that's all up to you and the type of projectors you like and can get ahold of. The angel eye isn't really anything to worry about, they sell kits to add that to various size projectors.

I am can do pretty much anything I try but I've never done a retro fit before and I want good equipment but not crazy expensive. I also wanna be bright but not obnoxious

Thank you.

The MH1 projector is very easy. I buy all my HID items from TRS. Here is a link to the MH1 full kit.

http://www.theretrof...products_id=227

Hardest part is probably taking the dremel to brand new headlights lol.

How do I know which adapter plate and wiring harness I need? What difference do the shrouds make and how can I see what each one looks like? Are the XB35 6000k much brighter than the Morimoto 3Five 6000k bulbs?

Archived