XS Power

Did I damage my xs battery?

I have ground and power running to my 2 xp3000 in the back, well today I pluged in my ctek charger wich I leave the terminal hook on to the battery and it would read as on but it would not charge. Turns out my ground on a battery was not conected. I have the batterys conected pos from front battery to pos to pos in the rear and neg from front to only one of my back batterys. Im running a dc 5k with 2 pos and 1 ground the other was not conected but it ran. I dont even know how long is the bad thing . So if ony a pos of a battery is conected to the rest of the bank will it work? Did I do any damage to the batterys or my amp?

If I'm getting this right, the ground was disconnected for awhile? If so it should be fine. I mean, you disconnect the negative end anyways whenever working on anything electrical in your car.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

And won't the charger still work normally even if the battery is not grounded to anything?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Ok think I understand this, but maybe not. I think you had a power and ground from the front to the back. Then you had another ground in the back, but it was loose?

You shouldn't have hurt the batteries, but you had one of two things going. If you had the two back batteries hooked together (pos to pos and neg to neg), then you just were not getting the top performance from the system due to the back ground being loose. If you didn't have the two back batteries connected, then you were pulling all of your power from the one battery that was grounded to the front battery. This woudl be cutting your reserve capacity in half.

Either way after you get the grounding issue corrected you shoudl be good to go with better performance. I would watch charging with the Ctek charger if it is one of the low amperage trickle charger types. It will take a very long time for a 2amp or less charger to charge up those two batteries if they were drained very low.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg