Sundown Audio

Good price for a 3500-4000 watts rms Mono

Hey everybody, newbie to the forums, I figured I'd lurked long enough and it was time to actually ask for help from the pros so I can start helping too :D

I'm planning a build for the coming year (I have a lot of aftermarket suspension, engine, and transmission work to do as well, so it's gonna take some time to get the money), and I'm in need of some advice on amplifiers. I know I'll be spending quite a bit for an amplifier of such high wattage (or two strapped is fine also), so I'm trying to find a... not budget, but good price to watts on an amplifier. Anywhere between 3500 and 4000 watts is perfect.

http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-OPTI4001D-Optidrive-Digital-Amplifier/dp/B006QU3LJU

I spotted this Lanzar that's actually CEA-2006 compliant, so I know it puts out it's ratings, but the price comes at a cost, I'd have to run it at 0.5 ohm, and I feel like that's going to require more amperage than at 1.0 ohm because of the decreased efficiency, amperage I may not have.

Currently in my 05 Grand Prix I have a DC Power HO alternator (110 amps idle, 250 amps max) with 1/0 gauge Big 3, and an Optima Redtop up front. I'll be upgrading the rear battery (currently a Kinetik HC1200 isolated except when the car is running, not ACC) to an XS Power D6500 (is this overkill?). Maybe even add an extra ground to the alternator, I ground to the casing right now. All wire terminals are soldered.

Anyone have any recommendations? And will 1/0 gauge power and ground suffice? I'm working with 4 gauge now because my current amp (Massive Audio N3) only puts out 1400 watts, under full load my voltage drops to about 13.8v, more likely due to my current power wire coming undone recently (it's zip tied under my car, bad idea as it turns out) and missing half the wire, hazard anyone?

To those who hate walls of text:

1) Best priced amplifier between 3500-4000 watts.

2) Will running the above amp at 0.5 ohms draw a TON of current like I'd expect?

3) Is an XS Power D6500 overkill as a second battery?

4) Will a single run of 1/0 gauge OFC wire possibly with an extra for alternator ground suffice?

Thank you in advance for any input, I hope that I organized this post well enough, I have a ton on my mind right now.

A kid I know says he's running 3000 watts to an MTX sub. I kept my expectations low since most people think MAX is what the amp produces.

Look in his car, amplifier is not only a BOSS, but says 3000 watts max, 500 watts rms... WHAT?!

I posted this for someone else before too but ill let you know as well as it is applicable.

For comparison this is my electrical for similar power, sundown saz3500 at 1.4 ohms nominal

1 220 amp HO alt, 1 xs 2700D, 1 xp3000 with two 1/0 runs from the alt to the front battery (2 grounds from the front battery to the frame) and the rear xp3000 is connected to the front with 1 positive and 1 negative ground.

I charge at 14.4V and I stay low 14s high 13s while reving to 2000rpm on even the "worst music" (music that causes the most voltage drop) full tilt for whole songs.

Before I added the 3000xp i felt safe running the system but I just had to be a bit more careful and watch voltage and turn it down when it started to get sketchy.

For amp choices I would expect to spend at least $600. I know you can get a crescendo for that. Used sundown 3500 or audioque 3500 would be right around that price too

Team NorthWestSPL

Crescendo bc3500

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

im looking at the crescendo bc3500 seems like a pretty solid amp for the price

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.