CE Auto Electric Supply

Better Check THIS Before You Install Lugs with a Hammer or Vise!

a hydraulic crimper used correctly will not fail.

I dont have access so solder it is.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

I dont need solder or crimpers.

I just bite mine...that super strength will chomp that terminal down tight.

8)

In all seriousness....I even solder the ends for my lights that are in 14 gauge...and only do solder connection with shrink tube instead of crimp.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I soldered for years and yeah, MAPP gas is the hot ticket there . . . literally. Soldering has it's downfalls when you feed rosin core solder into such a termination - specifically, it's difficult to keep the solder ONLY in the termination. If you get solder down into the wire past the termination it makes it inflexible and even brittle. Solder pellets are really a better way to do this job as they are designed specifically for this task as each pellet has enough solder to correctly terminate the lug without wicking further down the cable, but they are expensive.

After trying everything, I purchased an industrial grade crimping tool that I use for all terminations. Not only is it much faster than solder, I prefer the end result. If you're using anything but the correct tool, you are taking a chance. Look at it this way - the pictured termination saved a few bucks. But, it could have burned a $30,000 vehicle to the ground.

The lesson here is that you should always use the correct tool for the job. Let me be clear - the CORRECT crimping tool used CORRECTLY is perfectly suitable.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

I soldered for years and yeah, MAPP gas is the hot ticket there . . . literally. Soldering has it's downfalls when you feed rosin core solder into such a termination - specifically, it's difficult to keep the solder ONLY in the termination. If you get solder down into the wire past the termination it makes it inflexible and even brittle. Solder pellets are really a better way to do this job as they are designed specifically for this task as each pellet has enough solder to correctly terminate the lug without wicking further down the cable, but they are expensive.

After trying everything, I purchased an industrial grade crimping tool that I use for all terminations. Not only is it much faster than solder, I prefer the end result. If you're using anything but the correct tool, you are taking a chance. Look at it this way - the pictured termination saved a few bucks. But, it could have burned a $30,000 vehicle to the ground.

The lesson here is that you should always use the correct tool for the job.

So do you have a suggestion on a crimper that will do the job?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif