CE Auto Electric Supply

Better Check THIS Before You Install Lugs with a Hammer or Vise!

So this is not acceptable? photo6.jpg
crimp city bitch....wire up in flames bitch......however c-fizzy said it LOL

It was clip city..

I soldered for years and yeah, MAPP gas is the hot ticket there . . . literally. Soldering has it's downfalls when you feed rosin core solder into such a termination - specifically, it's difficult to keep the solder ONLY in the termination. If you get solder down into the wire past the termination it makes it inflexible and even brittle. Solder pellets are really a better way to do this job as they are designed specifically for this task as each pellet has enough solder to correctly terminate the lug without wicking further down the cable, but they are expensive. After trying everything, I purchased an industrial grade crimping tool that I use for all terminations. Not only is it much faster than solder, I prefer the end result. If you're using anything but the correct tool, you are taking a chance. Look at it this way - the pictured termination saved a few bucks. But, it could have burned a $30,000 vehicle to the ground. The lesson here is that you should always use the correct tool for the job. Let me be clear - the CORRECT crimping tool used CORRECTLY is perfectly suitable.

So Snafu, My hydraulic crimper is acceptable, considering my solder skills suck? :)

Still need to get with you on my VW and moving the wire, but have to wait until I redo the CAI to figure out where to put it.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

A crimper that doesnt cost more than the wiring. I can only find ones that cost more than all the 0 gauge I will buy lol. I think I will solder my connections. and drill a small hole in the back side...saw it on a thread here that it aids in getting the solder wire into the lug. without wicking to much past the end.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Nothing inexpensive. Think $300 or more in this category for something of industrial quality. When it absolutely positively can't fail, some tools will run upwards of $1,000.00. It would seem that some have had good luck with some of the hydraulic crimpers, but I've heard lots of horror stories about the ones from harbor freight.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

So this is not acceptable?

photo6.jpg

that looks like a good crimp. im sure it'll be fine.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

This kind of lug can be a life saver if you have to make a quality termination and you can't remove the cable from the vehicle to do so:

eyecomp_med.jpg

It requires no special tools - I typically use a wrench to hold the ferrule over cable and install the body with by spinning it on the ferrule with a #3 Phillips screwdriver. Then, insulate it with adhesive lined heat shrink tubing and you're all set. They are not inexpensive though - you can view our selection here: http://www.ceautoelectricsupply.com/eyelets.html

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Definitely good to see a real world example and getting a good amount of attention.

Only thing is some posters seem scared for their life, as if crimping if going to do make their wire catch on fire.

How does that happen?

by not soldering a lug that is meant to be soldered.....

If I'm not mistaken, about the only difference between lug type is solder style has a whole near the ring for ease of use. After all, it's only metal.

Edited by 01ExSport