The first amp I put to my skar 12s was that BC 2k at .5, took it no problem. Then I threw a Powerbass xta 5k on the pair at .5, which I still think is the most ever ran daily to em, and they took it pretty well. I probabley could have blown them full tilt with that amp 24/7, but i was conscientious. None the less, I was still able to demo full tilt for a song or so..I currently run a dd m3 at .5, and it seems to be about the most I would advise running daily..keep in mind tho, I believe Kevin said the 15s would be slightly more susceptible to bottoming out then the 10s/12s. I have never bottomed my 12s out

i've bottomed them out playing the lows on my 1500.1

That on your box then

that 20hz and lower for you, not my box

Then you must be playing way below tuning, if the guy above your post ran his on a M3a at .5 and can't bottom his shit out but you can on a fraction of the power, then your playing to far below tuning.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

The first amp I put to my skar 12s was that BC 2k at .5, took it no problem. Then I threw a Powerbass xta 5k on the pair at .5, which I still think is the most ever ran daily to em, and they took it pretty well. I probabley could have blown them full tilt with that amp 24/7, but i was conscientious. None the less, I was still able to demo full tilt for a song or so..I currently run a dd m3 at .5, and it seems to be about the most I would advise running daily..keep in mind tho, I believe Kevin said the 15s would be slightly more susceptible to bottoming out then the 10s/12s. I have never bottomed my 12s out

i've bottomed them out playing the lows on my 1500.1

That on your box then

that 20hz and lower for you, not my box

Then you must be playing way below tuning, if the guy above your post ran his on a M3a at .5 and can't bottom his shit out but you can on a fraction of the power, then your playing to far below tuning.

Yup I was running sweeps to see where the peaking was 20-30hz

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Well then no shit. What was the point then of saying you bottomed them out? I can bottom out a DC XL on 500 watts probably if I play a 10hz tone with it in a bot tuned to 35hz...

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Well then no shit. What was the point then of saying you bottomed them out? I can bottom out a DC XL on 500 watts probably if I play a 10hz tone with it in a bot tuned to 35hz...

just saying it happened. and I dont think you can with 500 watts lol. btw 20hz is only 7 below my box tuning, I was trying to find where I was peaking.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Come to thInk of it I don't think I've ever seen skars in a sealed box.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Come to thInk of it I don't think I've ever seen skars in a sealed box.

I wanted to say the same thing but I wasnt to sure.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

My box is tuned at 32 and I play into the 20s on a regular basis. Small port area ftw to control the cone. Mid to upper 20s is no issue. I have a 25hz tone that I mess around with sometimes and they dont bottom out. I also have a 20hz tone and probabley could bottom them out if i played that tone full tilt alot. I have played it a few times and didnt bottom out, but its only like a 5 second tone. I start losing alot of output around 26-28hz anyways, so I see no point in playing below that very often. I have very minimal output at 20hz so I have never felt the need to play with that frequency all that much

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP