Sacramento Members- licensed electrician recommendation?

I could look through the phone book or penny saver all day and be a hit or miss with someone. Looking for actual feedback on someone you can recommend me in Sacramento, Ca area

I just bought this air compressor from lowes since they accepted my 20% off harbor freight coupon, I couldn't pass it up. http://www.lowes.com...ar|1&facetInfo=

The Kobalt from lowes Runs 230v, 15.7amp. Hot-Hot-Ground wires

Originally was just going to try and run it off the clothes dryer plug when the dryer is not in use. After measuring I would need 13-14ft extension cord to reach. Was going to use 10-3 SO wire. The dryer has 30amp double pole breaker at the panel (which is located on other side of the house). I beleive the clothes dryer plug/outlet is a Hot-Hot-Neutral??

This plug

NEMA 10-30 125/250 Volt 3-Pole, 3-Wire. No ground I believe.

nema_10-30p.gif

Ive read that technically if the dryer outlet is wired back to a main service panel the neutral is bonded with the ground so in effect the neutral is also used as a ground. Would this be correct?

Would wiring it to dryer plug be safe until I get some extra change for someone to run wire and outlet to the garage? Money is all tied up into a engine swap so trying to see what will work.

You are correct.

You can run it that way.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

You really shouldn't tap into another line that large. If you have the room in your box it's not that hard to run another dedicated line. Trust me if you ever have your dryer going and that compressor kicks on, you're almost always going to trip that breaker. I'm not a licensed electrician by trade, but I have my contractors license. If you want help doing it let me know and I'll see what my schedule is like to come check it out. But just from experience, you should really run a dedicated line for that. You'll be much better off in the long run.

I just got quoted $300 to run new line.

And no, both would not be running at the same time. I would unplug the dryer THEN plug in the compressor when I'm using it.

Then unplug the compressor and hookback up the dryer.

Will work just fine rell.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz