!!! Skar Audio MA-8 8" Subwoofer Pre-order & Info Thread !!!

Hey guys,

If you have been following our Facebook page you will know that we have for some time been working on a new 8" SPL woofer to go alongside the 8" woofer we already offer in the VVX Series. We have finally finalized what will be the production model and are extremely confident that this will turn heads once they hit! No expense was spared in constructing these woofers and you will see that in their high quality performance.

It is named the Skar Audio "MA-8" 8" Subwoofer and will be available in both Dual 2 Ohm and Dual 4 Ohm voice coil configurations standard. All of the specifications are posted below with pictures, etc - pre orders are starting upon the posting of this thread as well - so don't miss your chance at a huge savings! We are expecting based off current email inquires for this new product that they could sell out before even arriving!

ETA : August 31st

Pre-Order Price : $120.00 Ea

To Pre-order : PayPal [email protected] for the amount ($120 x qty of woofers) and leave a note when paying with what voice coils you would like. Email or PM us on here with any questions or if you would like us to send you an invoice.

Normal MAP Price : $170.00 Ea

MSRP : 210.00 EA

ETA is looking pretty solid so there should be no concern there. The final production units will be packaged in a double boxed, gift colored box, that is gloss black with white skar audio gloss lettering. The only thing the pictures below will not show that come on the production units is the Magnet boot. You can see the design of the boot that will come standard on all woofers in the 3D Rendering below! These will be reconable for anyone who is wondering. Soft parts will be coming in with the shipment should anyone need to recone them.

MA-8 Technical Specifications

RMS Power : 400 Watts

Voice Coil : 2" 4 Layer BASV Voice Coil

Sensitivity : 82dB 1W/1m

High Quality Foam Surround

Competition Grade Paper Cone

T/S Parameters

Dual 2 Ohm / Dual 4 Ohm

Re : 4.00 / 8.00 Ohms

Fs : 44.1 / 45.3 Hz

Sd : 20.106 / 20.126

BL : 16.6 / 18.9N/A

Qms : 4.39 / 3.83

Qes : 0.51 / 0.48

Qts : 0.46 / 0.41

Spl : 81.9 / 85.2 dB

Vas : 5.90 / 5.18 L

Cms : 102.75 / 98.63 uM/N

Mms : 126.5 / 118.5 g

MA8MagnetBoot.png

MA8SideView2.png

MA8SideView3.png

MA8SideView.png

MA8Terminals.png

MA8TopView1.png

MA-8-1.jpg

-Kevin

Edited by skaraudio

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

So would these handle more power than the vvx. sorry i didnt understand lol

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

So would these handle more power than the vvx. sorry i didnt understand lol

Realistically - yes - because right now they tested being able to handle more power mechanically. Both motors are very strong but the mechanical limitations of the new MA-8 are currently greater. However, those customers not looking for an SPL only 8" woofer would prefer the VVX still - so it really just depends what you are looking for. Sometimes it comes down to more then just a power thing.

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com

skarav.jpg

what makes these different to the vvx 8 ?

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

Great price, looks promising.

Next time make a thread on each forum letting consumers know what you are creating . Most of us are not on your facebook . This will also create some hype, and people will start saving money for 'em.

This is the first time I heard of this 8.

You could have done a better advertising of it is what I'm sayin.

Looks good tho !

hmmm I might have to pre order one of these lil guys, cant hurt to have some back up equipment.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

I think a pair would be nice in my collection I dont know what it is about me 8's but I will start saving my pennies now. The pre order price is pretty damn cool, I can't wait to see a vid of this thing getting abused until it smokes would be good to know what they could potentially handle in the right environment.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Should have some video's showing all the aspects of the video including a brutal beating up by Monday =)!

There is plenty of time to pre-order still - so don't miss out!

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com

skarav.jpg