Decided to go into Air Force, but question

I HAD asthma. havent used anything or been prescribed anything in years.

i DO NOT HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS - that being said if i lie to a recruitor will they see my medical records?

ive done my research, and people say lie about it.

would they find out? or am i good to go?

Haha, I'm in the exact same situation as you. And I was just about to make a thread about joining the air force too.

Anyway, I talked to a recruiter about a year ago, and he said the doctor can just sign it off. And I personally wouldn't risk it, but I know a couple people that lied about it. They're not gonna look at your records, but again, I wouldn't risk it.

Haha, I'm in the exact same situation as you. And I was just about to make a thread about joining the air force too.

Anyway, I talked to a recruiter about a year ago, and he said the doctor can just sign it off. And I personally wouldn't risk it, but I know a couple people that lied about it. They're not gonna look at your records, but again, I wouldn't risk it.

mine said automatic dq. haha going to another one tomorrow and not sayin a word

Get paperwork saying it was a past condition. If you do not have it now, why would you be any different than anyone else?

AF is a great choice man I love it!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

If you can run 2-3 miles or more without any issuse i would say dont worry about it. if you have issues with running and it can be traced back to asthma i would tell them about.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

• 3 weeks later...

If you can run 2-3 miles or more without any issuse i would say dont worry about it. if you have issues with running and it can be traced back to asthma i would tell them about.

As an ex-AF uhm, person, (Not gonna use the word Vet since hell, only 23 and makes me sound old as hell), I agree. I had asthma as a kid, I no longer have it. Didn't tell them. Never became a problem. I told my recruiter I had tubes in my ears when I was a baby and hardly remember it and he told me "You don't remember" so I repeated what I said thinkin it was some joke and he said "No, you don't remember". Had physicals, got sick and saw the doc, they asked me "Ever had tubes in your ears?" "Yeah, when I was little, I don't remember though" and that's the end of that story. Nothing ever came of it. Military truly doesn't care as long as it doesn't affect you. If you can run longer than what the PT test is without any problems, you're fine.

They don't go out and dig up every record about you. They'll look to see if you have any criminal history and stuff like that but as far as "Oh, John had asthma when he was 6. He hasn't been treated or anything for it since he was 8. We'll flag this"? Yeah, that definitely doesn't happen.

Sheena = pedobear