AT&T's U-Verse (Cable/FiberOptic Internet/VOIP)

Anybody got this service? What do you think about it? I just got it today and so far so good. I have the U450 cable package w/HD content, the Max internet package and the Voice unlimited phone package, all for $115 a month. Of course because it's new i'm loving it, I like the UI of the cable way better than Comcast, some things in it are easier to do (like setting series recordings), the internet opens very fast and browsing/download speeds are as fast if not faster than Comcast....the phone, meh, it was only $13 so why not?

If you've had U-Verse, chime in, let me know what you think about the service.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

How are you internet speeds? We've been looking around for new providers after our cable/internet went up $20. 180/month is ridiculous.

12mb d/l and about 2-3mb u/l....nothing to brag about but plenty fast for me.

I hated it, the thing is when you watch a channel, and record a channel and if it is all in HD your internet speed dies BAD. It is all run off the internet connection and then it also depends on how far you are from the base node. So if you are too far you cant get the 3/1 which is 3hd stream you may only get 1/1 which is watch 1 and record one. It is odd but the dvr is good, also when you get to the guide before changing to that channel it shows a preview of the channel so you dont change while it is on commercial or whatever.

I wish I could get different service, but the only thing available in my apartment is CommunistCast and slow as fuck Verizon DSL. God awful CS and constant service interruptions and I still pay that fuckin company. Hate them with a dying passion.

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

I hated it, the thing is when you watch a channel, and record a channel and if it is all in HD your internet speed dies BAD. It is all run off the internet connection and then it also depends on how far you are from the base node. So if you are too far you cant get the 3/1 which is 3hd stream you may only get 1/1 which is watch 1 and record one. It is odd but the dvr is good, also when you get to the guide before changing to that channel it shows a preview of the channel so you dont change while it is on commercial or whatever.

Oh boy....didn't consider that

I had U-Verse for about 2 years until I had to move. I never noticed my Internet being slower when any of the 3 TVs were being used.

The only thing that bothered me was using their 2-Wire router.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I use to place orders for customers thats about it. Were i live is currently not available yet. I hear alot of good things and bad things about their service. I think they have great prices that's when i was working there but that was like 2 years or so.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

have it, cant complain. LOVE the on demand (usually watch storage wars or the sopranos). OP, if you like football, add the premium tier for like $7 more and youll have the NFL redzone.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman