Both are flagship phones for their maker and the cream of the crop when it comes to Android phones. If you were going to buy one, which one would you get and why?

SGS3

277649-samsung-galaxy-s3.jpg

HTC One X

HTC-One-X-ATt-cell-phone.jpg

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

• 1 month later...

Pretty much just toss a coin they're both great. Pretty much the HTC One X has the better screen and camera, the Samsung has 2GB of ram and expandable memory. HTC also has dedicated that they will be the first to get updates for their phones, so I expect jelly bean to go to the One X first... Samsung has always been the slowest at updates, but they make solid phones.

Pretty much just toss a coin they're both great. Pretty much the HTC One X has the better screen and camera, the Samsung has 2GB of ram and expandable memory. HTC also has dedicated that they will be the first to get updates for their phones, so I expect jelly bean to go to the One X first... Samsung has always been the slowest at updates, but they make solid phones.

No, not quite a coin toss, at least not in my opinion. The major faults with the HOX is no removeable battery, no microSD slot and horribly crippled multitasking. Being a heavy user I need to be able to swap batteries when needed. And being stuck with 12gb of useable space just wouldn't cut it. I'm not too concerned with official updates cause I'm a member of XDA so they usually have the latest and greatest before they're available officially. For example, Jelly Bean isn't set for official release for another week or two but guys that have the newest Galaxy Nexus have been running it for a week or two now. Matter of fact, it's booting on the GS3 too, although not fully functional yet.
id go with the s3
I did. Got it from Best Buy...they gave it to me for free, long story. But yeah, sick phone. Just rooted it yesterday and installed CWM...haven't flashed a rom yet, nothing available really excites me but CM9 is coming.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f