So my family is pretty big into canoeing. We go almost every weekend in the summers. Last year my dad picked up an old canoe for 50 dollars at a garage sale for a little project. I have taken this on by myself to learn fiberglassing and to put my own touch on the canoe. The bottom of the canoe is horrible. resin everywhere and air pockets galore. it leaks bad. So i'm sanding it all down and redoing the fiberglass on the bottom. I will be dropping a marine cd deck, speakers, and a dry-box into it doing all fiberglass. also, the inside and the outside of the bottom will be bedlined for grip on the inside and durability on the outside. A custom paitnjob on the outside will include some graffiti style graphics and hopefully will look great.

Are there any suggestions on applying fiberglass to existing fiberglass and also painting fiberglass? will post before-pics in a few minutes.

just picked up mat and cloth. going to start the glassing tomorrow if schedule permits.

also, going to work on the paint design tonight. be forewarned, we are all alabama fans so it will probably be crimson and white

You could use two of the smaller cheap marine grade amps from pyle or whoever else makes them and keep your power draw low. a component set on one amp and 2 8" low power woofers on the other in a little sealed box would probably sound pretty good especially being on a canoe lol.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.