Depends on how your gains are set. I get no clipping at max volume with my 7400HD, but that's because I set my gains low enough so that when my idiot friends turn my system all they way up it doesn't sound like shit.

I'm gonna hate

Depends on how your gains are set. I get no clipping at max volume with my 7400HD, but that's because I set my gains low enough so that when my idiot friends turn my system all they way up it doesn't sound like shit.

That doesn't really have anything to do with the clipping volume of the headunit, that's just making sure your amp is tuned right.

Aryone out there have a 7400HD and a dd1 that could check it?

Well I dont have the 7400HD but the I have the 8400BH and mine clips at 57/62. There really isn't much of a difference between the 2. Only noticeable I've seen is that mine has built in bluetooth.

1998 Ford Contour

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P8400BH

Front/Rear Door Speakers: Alpine SPR-68 (Type-R 6x8)

Door Speaker Amplifer: Kicker ZX650.4

Subwoofers: 1 SSA Icon 12"

Amplifier: MB.Quart 1.1500d

Second Battery: XS Power D925

That doesn't really have anything to do with the clipping volume of the headunit, that's just making sure your amp is tuned right.

Apologies, I suppose you were wondering when the INTERNAL amp clipped :P

I'm gonna hate

Yeah no problem.

Well I dont have the 7400HD but the I have the 8400BH and mine clips at 57/62. There really isn't much of a difference between the 2. Only noticeable I've seen is that mine has built in bluetooth.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are the same except for the Bluetooth. That's good to hear!

Yeah no problem.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are the same except for the Bluetooth. That's good to hear!

I DO know that those head units are the same to the T, they even share the same owners manual.

I'm gonna hate