I was researching on this today and I have decided I want one, but I'm confused on what I NEED. Is the DD-1 considered an O-Scope? What is the difference? I just want to tune my system best as possible for a reasonable price while gaining more knowledge about SQ. your help is much appreciated. I feel like this is a vague post because I don't have a specified goal on what i'm looking exactly, I'm just hoping for some guidance. Thanks!

The DD-1 is not an o-scope. Quite a few differences, a big one being scopes detect clipping, the dd-1 detects distortion (omg!). All clipping is distortion, but not all distortion is clipping.

Without going into it too much, get a dd-1. It's more user friendly and its pretty amazing.

The DD-1 is not an o-scope. Quite a few differences, a big one being scopes detect clipping, the dd-1 detects distortion (omg!). All clipping is distortion, but not all distortion is clipping.

Without going into it too much, get a dd-1. It's more user friendly and its pretty amazing.

i hate to be that asshole, but dont listen to this guy^^

distortion IS clipping. is the DD-1 an oscope? no. it will just tell you at what gain level distortion is being sent to your speakers.

Edited by AB18VFL

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

distortion IS clipping. is the DD-1 an oscope? no. it will just tell you at what gain level distortion is being sent to your speakers.

I'm saying whenever you clip music, it is distorted. You can also have distortion from other things in your system, and still not be "clipping". Basically what I'm saying is it's better to check for distortion, than it is to just check fr clipping. Seem a little more...not so dumb, phrased that way?

its been proven more accurate than a o scope at detecting distortion its the best tool out there for setting amp gains do your self a favor and buy it now

you can even get a discount for being a member here all of the d amor smd products work perfect get them

Edited by teardrop
SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

I hate to be THAT asshole, but everything he said was correct.

Distortion does NOT necessarily imply clipping.

Anyway, the DD-1 detects distortion. While an o-scope gives you a visual representation of the sine wave going through your speakers. The DD-1 is more accurate in the sense that it will detect more than just clipping, and it will set it to exactly 1% THD.

I hate to be THAT asshole, but everything he said was correct.

Distortion does NOT necessarily imply clipping.

Anyway, the DD-1 detects distortion. While an o-scope gives you a visual representation of the sine wave going through your speakers. The DD-1 is more accurate in the sense that it will detect more than just clipping, and it will set it to exactly 1% THD.

Thank you. I was most likely misinterpreted when i said all "not all distortion is clipping" and it was taken as "distortion isn't clipping"

Either way, I didnt make too much sense in my response after work last night, lol. I'm far from an expert on the matter but there are more ways to distort than clipping.