Sundown Audio

What version SA-8 do you have ?

SA-8_Versions.jpg

So it is a bit confusing due to several updates along the way... so the above should help out when ordering a re-cone kit.

We need to know what version you have to built the correct kit.

Aside from the box printing being a bit mis-leading it's not super hard to understand using the above picture.

The 60 unit run of "v.2" woofers (v1.75) was only sold to a few people who knew up front about what they were -- I just had the factory put v.2 on the box so we would know what they were as we unloaded the truck. But I am sure someone will get one of them second hand. They can be re-coned to standard v1.5 parts with copper coil and hard spider.

As the photo indicates the baskets cannot be swapped around. This is due to a bolt pattern variation -- some savvy users have drilled their own patterns and that is fine as all version v1 through v1.75 have compatible motors -- there is only a slight gap variation across generations of those but not enough to make a significant difference when using them together.

The actual v.2 model is COMPLETELY different. Someone would have to make custom adapters and/or drill and tap the top plate of an older motor to use the basket. I am not planning to offer this adapter.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Interesting to know that I have a v1.75; thought it was a 1.5 since the day I got it as a replacement.

I realize it's a little off topic, but would the softer spider of the 1.75 cause the Fs of the woofer to be slightly lower than the v1/1.5? Trying to find a legitimate reason to rebuilt my transmission line.

'79 El Camino

Skar VVX-10 in a t-line tuned to 26 Hz

Build log: Here

Interesting to know that I have a v1.75; thought it was a 1.5 since the day I got it as a replacement.

I realize it's a little off topic, but would the softer spider of the 1.75 cause the Fs of the woofer to be slightly lower than the v1/1.5? Trying to find a legitimate reason to rebuilt my transmission line.

The FS of the v1.75 is about the same -- the softer spider is countered by the lighter coil in terms of the FS.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wow, what a difference. Its like taking a (choose you fave stock vehicle), and putting a 3" lift with one size larger tire, then a 8" lift with 44's! Same vehicle, but a lot different!! I like it! The V.2 looks like you could blow up the earth with it. I wonder, what will the v.3 look like????

Edited by ds1919

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I have (2) v2s in my wifes civic and absolutly love them. They sound better than some (2) 12 setups I've heard.

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Limited (Mine)HEAD UNIT: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSBASS DRIVER: Sundown Audio [email protected] dailySUBWOOFER: (4) Sundown Audio Zv4 18d1BOX: under constructionMID/HI DRIVER(s): JBL PX300.4, Powerbass ASA600.4, Audiopipe 6002, American Bass SQ50FRONT DECK: Pioneer TS Pro 6.5, Power Acoustic nb-1, (4) American Bass SQ4.0 KICK PANEL: Kicker KS65 components REAR DECK: Powerbass XL Pro 6.5, Pioneer TS Pro 8's, Power Acoustic nb-2, Powerbass s412 4x10, (2) Crescendo pwx 10"ELECTRICAL: Big 3, all KNU & AP OFC 0awg on 240amp Mechman Alt, Audiopipe batt meter, (2) Scorpin batt metersBATTERIES: (3) XS Power 3400's, KInetic HC1800, Kinetic HC2000MISC: Fat Mat on all doors, Old setup: (4) SA15d4's on an NS1 151.0 on TL sealed 2010 Honda Civic LX (Wife's) 142.1 TL sealed trunkHEAD UNIT: Pioneer AVH-X7500BHS with Massive Audio EQ7BASS DRIVER: (2) Powerbass ASA1500.1d's(strapped) 3240w clamped @ 10.8v lol(stock alt)SUBWOOFERS: (1) Sundown Audio Zv4 12d2BOX: Custom built by me 3ft^3 @ 35hzMID/HI DRIVER: Powerbass ASA600.4FRONT DOORS: Alpine Sps610cREAR DOORS: Alpine Sps610cELECTRICAL: All Audiopipe 0awg, Big 3, Stinger batt meter, stock 90amp alt<p>BATTERIES: (2) Kinetic HC1400's, XS Power XP950

• 2 months later...