Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

What version SA-8 do you have ?

SA-8_Versions.jpg

So it is a bit confusing due to several updates along the way... so the above should help out when ordering a re-cone kit.

We need to know what version you have to built the correct kit.

Aside from the box printing being a bit mis-leading it's not super hard to understand using the above picture.

The 60 unit run of "v.2" woofers (v1.75) was only sold to a few people who knew up front about what they were -- I just had the factory put v.2 on the box so we would know what they were as we unloaded the truck. But I am sure someone will get one of them second hand. They can be re-coned to standard v1.5 parts with copper coil and hard spider.

As the photo indicates the baskets cannot be swapped around. This is due to a bolt pattern variation -- some savvy users have drilled their own patterns and that is fine as all version v1 through v1.75 have compatible motors -- there is only a slight gap variation across generations of those but not enough to make a significant difference when using them together.

The actual v.2 model is COMPLETELY different. Someone would have to make custom adapters and/or drill and tap the top plate of an older motor to use the basket. I am not planning to offer this adapter.

Interesting to know that I have a v1.75; thought it was a 1.5 since the day I got it as a replacement.

I realize it's a little off topic, but would the softer spider of the 1.75 cause the Fs of the woofer to be slightly lower than the v1/1.5? Trying to find a legitimate reason to rebuilt my transmission line.

Interesting to know that I have a v1.75; thought it was a 1.5 since the day I got it as a replacement.

I realize it's a little off topic, but would the softer spider of the 1.75 cause the Fs of the woofer to be slightly lower than the v1/1.5? Trying to find a legitimate reason to rebuilt my transmission line.

The FS of the v1.75 is about the same -- the softer spider is countered by the lighter coil in terms of the FS.

wow, what a difference. Its like taking a (choose you fave stock vehicle), and putting a 3" lift with one size larger tire, then a 8" lift with 44's! Same vehicle, but a lot different!! I like it! The V.2 looks like you could blow up the earth with it. I wonder, what will the v.3 look like????

Edited by ds1919

i have 4 sa-8 v2d2. only 2 are in a box right now while i try to plan a good box for all 4. i will be getting 2 x-8 and 1 x-10 for my mustang but that is a different topic

Edited by Eric Robinson