Second Skin Audio

Best ported box design for Two Rockford P3 12's?

As long as the box I left you is well built it will perform way better than the one you had, I can tune it a bit lower to reach the low notes harder, something like a 33Hz tune, but you will loose some loudness on the midbass frequencies, so it's your choice you can build what I left you above or I can tune a couple of hertz lower. Let me know.

I was trying to start building the box in like an hour or so. But i would love the lows. Not sure yet.

I cut out all of the pieces for it today, sanding and putting it together tomorrow. Ill let you know how it is on sunday when the liquid nails dries! I'll post up a video if it turns out nice.

Just letting the glue dry overnight, hopefully it turns out good. Could you guys maybe post up a box that is a little taller and tuned lower? There is barely enough room to even mount the subs as you can see in the bottom pic.

Pics -

almost done...some of the rough edges and gaps arnt filled yet.

http://i.imgur.com/nsINI.jpg

Finished.

http://i.imgur.com/XOYaQ.jpg

Just letting the glue dry overnight, hopefully it turns out good. Could you guys maybe post up a box that is a little taller and tuned lower? There is barely enough room to even mount the subs as you can see in the bottom pic.

almost done...

nsINI.jpg

Finished.

XOYaQ.jpg

Can't see the pics (again) although some of your previous post show pictures perfectly.

I just posted links up in the last post. The pictures work fine for me, maybe they take time to load for other people.

This box seems extremely small. Anyone else have a nice box design for the LOWS? ;)

Holy shit, this box hits so much harder. Lows and highs are both perfect for me. I cant imagine what a lower tuned box would feel like, will be making one in the future definitely. Thanks a lot for the help guys!

I can post up a video or pics of the install if you guys want. Its not the cleanest install but its good for now.

http://i.imgur.com/XZCqA.jpg

XZCqA.jpg

Quick video of them breaking a cd in the port and flexing my back window. It flexes A LOT more in real life, but my camera has a build in image stabilizer so it doesn't even show ANY of the flex in my cabin even though its ridiculous!

I'll get my friend to record it on his iphone later.

Loving this box, thanks a lot!

Quick video of them breaking a cd in the port and flexing my back window. It flexes A LOT more in real life, but my camera has a build in image stabilizer so it doesn't even show ANY of the flex in my cabin even though its ridiculous!

Man that sounds like its hitting hard!!

Joe X gave me a design for my box as well but i havent started building yet because im a little low on funds and i dont have the tools :angry2:

My design is tuned to 32hz, hope its not too low haha

how did you make your speaker terminals? did you sandwich it between the box?

Man that sounds like its hitting hard!!

Joe X gave me a design for my box as well but i havent started building yet because im a little low on funds and i dont have the tools :angry2:

My design is tuned to 32hz, hope its not too low haha

how did you make your speaker terminals? did you sandwich it between the box?

It is now dude! That video was right when i hooked them up for the first day. Tuned the amp perfect and it slams. Might be facing them into the cabin and sealing it off from the trunk for that nasty cabin flex! haha

And no, i drilled holes a little bit smaller than the speaker wire and its 4 gauge so its pretty thick and no air leaks out. Putting in some nice terminals soon. What's your setup?

And all you really need is a jigsaw and a drill. home depot - $35 for a jigsaw, $5 for screws, and $30 for a sheet of 3/4 mdf is all it costed me since i had a drill already.

Archived