Second Skin Audio

Best ported box design for Two Rockford P3 12's?

Quick video of them breaking a cd in the port and flexing my back window. It flexes A LOT more in real life, but my camera has a build in image stabilizer so it doesn't even show ANY of the flex in my cabin even though its ridiculous!

I'll get my friend to record it on his iphone later.

Loving this box, thanks a lot!

Man that sounds like its hitting hard!!

Joe X gave me a design for my box as well but i havent started building yet because im a little low on funds and i dont have the tools :angry2:

My design is tuned to 32hz, hope its not too low haha

how did you make your speaker terminals? did you sandwich it between the box?

It is now dude! That video was right when i hooked them up for the first day. Tuned the amp perfect and it slams. Might be facing them into the cabin and sealing it off from the trunk for that nasty cabin flex! haha

And no, i drilled holes a little bit smaller than the speaker wire and its 4 gauge so its pretty thick and no air leaks out. Putting in some nice terminals soon. What's your setup?

And all you really need is a jigsaw and a drill. home depot - $35 for a jigsaw, $5 for screws, and $30 for a sheet of 3/4 mdf is all it costed me since i had a drill already.

Just a jigsaw? ive never used one before but i think i might give it a shot. My setup is 2 10" RF Punch HX2 on a Hifonics BRZ1200.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a jigsaw? ive never used one before but i think i might give it a shot. My setup is 2 10" RF Punch HX2 on a Hifonics BRZ1200.

Yea, i used a table saw for a couple of pieces but i found the jigsaw easier to use.

and nice dude. post up some pics or videos if you ever make a box. its pretty cheap to make one and it will hit so much nicer if its the right box

• 6 months later...

@ joe x I have a little more space than this guy you gave measurements too they will be powered by a brz1200.1D at @ 1ohm and will go in a pontiac bonneville 98 se back seats dont fold down

make your own thread

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• 3 years later...

Here is a suggestion, review the external dims fit your car and if the box can get inside once built:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34.5 Hz

Vb = 3.2 ft^3

External Height = 14 in

External Width = 37 in

External Depth = 18 in

Port Width = 3 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2x Front = 16 1/2 x 12 1/2

2x Front Internal = 15 x 12 1/2

Back = 37 x 12 1/2

Left & Right Sides: 16 1/2 x 12 1/2

Top & Bottom = 37 x 18

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 14 7/8 x 12 1/2

2 x Extension = 3 3/16 x 12 1/2

SharedSFPF.jpg

If you need different dims/tuning let me know. Also if you intend to use way above/below rated power let me know.

Hey i need the specs of a box for 2 12 power acoustic gothic subs the ported is 2.00 cu ft port 4" x 11" tuned 34hz or 2.50 cu ft port 4" x 13.75" tuned 30 hz

Archived